My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Monday, May 02, 2005

I can't believe it's not butter

I was one of those people who thought that blogs were self-indulgent ramblings of people with too much time on their hands. So, WHAT AM I DOING HERE?

Well, I have little time on my hands, but I recognize that, in the midst of the life I have, I need a chance for some self-indulgent ramblings.

Moreover, I've discovered that perhaps these ramblings can be interesting, insightful, even, occasionally, important. I've specifically enjoyed the musings of one Fred G. Hembeck - so, I thought I'd give it a shot.

I am:
*a Black American (or African-American if you prefer; I don't)
*a blood donor over 100 times (I'm B positive, a good motto, I think)
*a Christian (a Methodist for most of the last century, a Presbyterian for most of this one, and a member of Session)
*a registered Democrat (but in Albany, NY, most people are)
*a non-driver (I take the bus, the bike)
*a first-time father at the age of 51 (is he crazy? You be the judge)
*married for the last time
*a lover of music, both a collector of recordings and a singer in my church choir
*a political science major who's rather cynical about politics (but I ALWAYS vote)
Pretty reductivist, but that's where I'm coming from. This should be interesting for me. Hope it is for you.

2 comments:

California Orange Country Lawyer said...

i think the information I got in this blog site will be a big help to my problem.

Scott Woodruff said...

You are obviously better at this blogging than I am. I wish I had the gift to write that you have.