My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Monday, April 17, 2006

Seven from Across the Pond


Purloined from Chris Black-

7 things to do before I die:

1. Visit every state in the United States
2. Write a book - a roman a clef about church choirs and congregants
3. Go to a World Series game
4. Go to England and bother Chris Black
5. Meet at least half dozen of the bloggers I read regularly
6. Go to Lydia's high school graduation
7. Go to Lydia's college graduation

7 things I cannot do:

1. Drive well
2. Keep my desk orderly for more than a day
3. Play a musical instrument, except a kazoo
4. Draw a straight line without a straight edge
5. Sleep 8 hours a night, unless I'm ill
6. Patiently stand in line, unless I have something to read
7. Zip up Lydia's pink coat - that zipper has it in for me

7 things that I like about my county

1. The beautiful views from Thatcher Park
2. The quaintness of Rensselaerville
3. The vitality of Lark Street in Albany
4. The information at the New York State Museum
5. The non-mall character of Stuyvesant Plaza, especially the independent book store, The Book House
6. The kitsch of the Tulip Festival
7. The peculiarity of Albany politics

7 things I often say:

1. "That's doable" Then I heard that Alexander Haig used to say it, and I stopped.
2. "Oy "
3. "I'm walking here!" Think Midnight Cowboy.
4. "I like THAT."
5. "What's your case number?" Work related.
6. "Where's your nose, Lydia?" (or other body part)
7. "I'm going to go to bed early tonight." (But I almost never do.)

7 books that I love re-reading:

1. The Good Book - Peter J. Gomes
2. Living in the Spirit- Henri J.M. Nouwen
3. The Gospel according to St. Luke- NRSV version of the Bible
The rest are books I reference a lot:
4. Top Pop Singles-Joel Whitburn
5. Top Pop Albums-Joel Whitburn
6. The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows- Brooks and Marsh
7. The World Almanac

7 movies I watch over and over again (well, more than once):

1. Airplane!
2. Annie Hall
3. Dave
4. Groundhog Day
5. Midnight Cowboy
6. Le Roi de Coeur
7. The Shawshank Redemption

7 people to tag. (Oh, I'm not going to tag seven people:)

1. Nat, are you still out there?
2. I won't tag Eddie, because I see he's busy replying to posts and making CDs.
3. Kelly, do this only if you want to.
4. Sarah, you might find it to be an interesting exercise.

4 comments:

EM said...

I do seem to be spending more time replying than posting these days, don't I? Hmmmm....

GayProf said...

I can't drive well, either. This is one of many reasons why I would like to live in a city with a good mass-transit system.

Onlinefocus Team said...

Hi Roger, interesting that we both picked Dave and Groundhog Dog...... if you ever want to bother me we are precisely two hours by underground and train from London Heathrow airport plus a five minute walk!

TRS said...

Of course I love these kinds of things.

7 things to do before I die:

1. Write a famous person's biography
2. Learn Spanish
3. Run for office
4. Write a book for kids to understand the world
5. Do a random act of kindness every day for a year
6. Scan every one of my and my mother's family photos then create a photo / memory book with captions to give to all family members
7. Have a marriage that our children's children talk about

7 things I cannot do:

1. Keep my mouth shut when I see an injustic
2. Cook at the end of a long day
3. Not fill a wine glass when it is emptying
4. Resist calling my nearly 5 year-old niece in the middle of the late afternoon and let her just go on and on about her day
5. Paint my nails
6. Tolerate rudeness of any form
7. Ignore a promise

7 things that I like about my countRy

I should have been born and raised in a developing country so I'm not this country's biggest fan but ...

1. Its vastness and variety accommodates most every lifestyle preference
2. Hard work is usually rewarded
3. Opinions can be expressed without fear of being shot
4. Technology has created millions of new communities of interest
5. Increasing level of tolerance
6. Motown legacy
7. Highways

7 things I often say:

1. "I don't care where he prefers to stick it. Could we please talk about something else?"
2. "fabulous"
3. "Everything's going to be just fine."
4. "On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being ..."
5. "Do you speak English?"
6. "It's your very own Tata!" (to nearly five year old niece)
7. "You're perfect just the way you are."

7 books that I love re-reading:

* I've never been able to re-read a book. I wonder what this means?

7 movies I watch over and over again (well, more than once):

* Or movies. Just as I cringe when people repeat themselves, I just don't like watching or reading something twice.

xoxoxo