My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Tommy Lee and Oliver W. QUESTIONS

It turns out that both Tommy Lee Jones and Oliver Stone both turned 60 yesterday. Jones has has appeared in two of Stone's films, JFK (which our group of friends at the time called jif-ka) and Natural Born Killers. So what I'd like to know is what films have you seen of theirs and what you felt about them, which ones do you still want to see, and which ones will you never see. (This is not a complete list.)

For me:

JONES
A Prairie Home Companion (2006) want to see
The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada (2005) want to see
Space Cowboys (2000) saw, OK entertainment
Men in Black (1997) saw, OK, didn't need to zee the sequel
Batman Forever (1995) saw, but have only vague recollection of
Cobb (1994) want to see
Natural Born Killers (1994) will not see
The Client (1994) OK entertainment
The Fugitive (1993) liked quite a bit, yet had no need to see the sequel, U.S. Marshals
JFK (1991) sure it's a paranoid's delight, but I enjoyed it
"Lonesome Dove" (1989) (mini) TV Series feel like I OUGHT to see this
The Executioner's Song (1982) (TV) he played Gary Mark Gilmore, and I must have seen it, but I'm not remembering
Coal Miner's Daughter (1980) want to see

STONE
World Trade Center (2006) probably will see at some point, but not any time soon
Alexander (2004) no interest
Nixon (1995) made me feel sorry for Thelma Ryan
Natural Born Killers (1994) nah
The Joy Luck Club (1993) (executive producer) recall enjoying it, and strangely, relating to it
JFK (1991) yes
The Doors (1991) I should rent this
Reversal of Fortune (1990) (producer) I recall this as a good, if chilling, film
Born on the Fourth of July (1989) I enjoyed most of it
Wall Street (1987) I MUST SEE THIS MOVIE
Platoon (1986) DITTO
Scarface (1983) (screenplay) I've actually tried to watch this, but Pacino's SO over the top
Conan the Barbarian (1982) (screenplay) nah
Midnight Express (1978) (screenplay) scary

2 comments:

Gordon D said...

You're not missing much by not seeing NATURAL BORN KILLERS - it's a really sloppy, so-bad-you-want-to-trade-in-your-eyeballs kind of movie.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Gordon. I didn't even make it through "Natural Born Killers". It was terrible.

Not much of a Stone fan, but didn't realize what all he did either. "The Doors" was good, but probably too long. And I did like "Platoon". Not much for war movies, but it was very good. I have always liked "Wall Street".

As for Jones, I liked him in "The Fugitive" and the follow-up "U.S. Marshals". And yes, I liked both "Men in Black" movies as well. Not great, but entertaining. I also have not seen "Cobb", and that's terrible of me being a Detroit Tigers' fan.

Obviously "JFK" is a very good movie and both should be proud of their work there.