My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Some Favorite Christmas Moments


This is a card that we sent out, obvious at Christmastime 1982, the last time that we all - Tom, Mitch, me, Raoul, and Rocco (L-R) - worked at FantaCo. Yes, we were TRYING to look mysterious/strange/sinister.

So here's a lovely Christmas tale from 1991 involving my ex. You all right with that?


Z and I were poor graduate school students. I don't think we actively decided not to get a tree as much as we failed to get one until it was the week before Christmas, then decided it was pretty much not cost-effective to buy a tree that late.
We took the bus to do some last-minute shopping at Sears when we noticed the retailer was GIVING away trees. OK, for NOTHING, maybe we'll get one. But how to get it home? Z asked if we should ask the bus driver. I said, "Heck, no. If we ask, he could say 'no'." The bus arrives, fortunately with only about six people at 6 p.m. The driver looks askance, but says nothing as I take the tree on the bus. We get off the bus, carry it the three blocks home and had a lovely tree that we decorated that night.

Merry Christmas to all.

No comments: