My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Worst Day of the Year

Today is considered the worst day of the year in these parts of the Northern Hemisphere. Not only is it cold - and it has been cold over much of the country, it seems - but Seasonal Affective Disorder tends to kick in. Last week, for reasons largely outside my control, I only got to play racquetball Monday and Tuesday. But when I didn't play on Friday, I thought I was going to lose it. I know that exercise is important in fighting SAD, so this was doubly frustrating.

For me, there is a reverse correlation between exercise and eating; the less I exercise, the more I eat, and usually the stuff on this list rather than this one.

The mantra THIS TOO SHALL PASS is only mildly satisfactory, but, fortunately, generally accurate.




ROG

No comments: