My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Undesirable Demographic

I am pretty OK being over 50. Yes, I am. On the other hand, I don't need constant reminders.

So, the umpteenth mailing from AARP and its various services gets tiresome. However, while many marketers have abandoned me because I'm no longer in the "desirable" 18-49 range (and given the junk snail- and e-mail I get, that's not all bad), there are some who have figured out that people MY age actually spend money!

So, I am trying to figure out how I feel about a recent e-mail I got.
This is a complimentary issue of Advising Boomer's e-News. You are not subscribed. To become a FREE subscriber and guarantee your continued delivery, send a blank email to: sub-advising_boomers@lists.highlinemedia.com

I'm always suspicious of sources that that say things like, "The Financial and Lifestyle Resource for Trusted Advisors". Indeed, anything with the word "lifestyle" sets my teeth on edge.
The sample articles were about
"A Boomer Look at Marriage": interesting
"Destiny: Americans Save Little For Retirement Health Expenses": stop depressing me
"Bush To Keep Talking About Social Security": MEGO

Well, I guess NOT.

No comments: