My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Friday, February 03, 2006

D-Man


I started working at the NYS SBDC in October 1992. In the spring of 1993, we had a couple interns. One was a guy I’d met at library school. In the fall of 1993, he started working full-time as a librarian.
For four years, we shared an office together. This meant, among other things, finding music that was mutually acceptable. I learned what he disliked. We ended up broadening each other’s musical repertoire. I’m not sure who first brought in Lyle Lovett, but I’m fairly sure that I turned him on to post-“Pet Sounds” Beach Boys.
We went through organizational ups and downs, and we’re still there, the 2nd and 3rd (or 4th) longest-tenured folks in the organization.
Today marks D-Man’s 40th birthday. I know he doesn’t know why it’s worth such a big fuss. Sorry, guy, but it is. Oh, yeah, congrats on the engagement.

***
And happy belated birthday, JD. Oops.

No comments: