I read about this on Greg's site, and he commented briefly, but whereas he had only a couple of the "offending" discs, including a really dubious choice, Beck's Midnight Vultures, I have...several.
I should note that I think they mean worst in the sense that either the artists are capable of much more and/or it sold a lot. It's like when Ebert and Roeper picked Deuce Bigelow, European Gigilo and The Dukes of Hazzard as the worst movies of last year, they not going to pick some C-budget piece, but rather the studio follies. There is an album on the list - 38. Chris Rea - The Road To Hell Pt2, which I realized I had confused with an album he did called The Road To Hell, which I couldn't believe was on the list. And it wasn't.
Albums I own on the list:
17. Bob Dylan & The Grateful Dead - Dylan And The Dead OK, this IS a really boring album. "Joey" , which seemed long on Dylan's "Hurricane" album, seems interminable here. As one Amazon reviewer called it, an "unbelievable sloppy mess". Belongs on the list.
28. The Rolling Stones - Dirty Work I have this on cassette. This isn't even the Stones' worst album, has a couple hits. Not great, but doesn't belong on the list.
31. Stevie Wonder - Woman In Red I own most of Stevie's albums since 1970, but I must admit I seldom play this one I have on vinyl, which features the treacly "I Just Called to Say I Love You" and actually, I have no idea what else without actually pulling it out. Oh, there's one decent song, but it probably belongs on the list.
41. Paul Simon - Songs From The Capeman OST I also have lots of Paul Simon, and this piece, a Broadway musical which tells the story about a murder, is one that I play the least, because it doesn't really have Paul's voice. It just didn't work for me. In its favor, some of the doowop and Latin rhythms. The song "Killer Wants to Go to College" refers to my alma mater, New Paltz. That said, probably does not belong on the list.
43. The Traveling Wilburys - Vol 3 I'm actually quite fond of this album. So it's not as good as the first one - it's still fun! No way it belongs on the list! I do so love The Wilbury Twist: Put your hand on your head Put your foot in the air Then you hop around the room In your underwear Ain’t ever been nothin quite like this Come on baby do the Wilbury twist