Happy New Year! Been away. More details soon. Little time for blogging or reading the news. Something about the flags at half-staff because Michael Jackson showed up at James Brown's funeral? That can't be right. So I'm going to go read a week's worth of newspapers and get my DVR below 95%. Meanwhile:
From Tosy again. It's that he's SUCH a good thief himself.
1) My uncle once: Well, I never had an uncle. My parents were both only children. received a Purple Heart. Now my great uncle died just before the family, who were rushing to the hospital, could see him. First recently dead person I ever saw.
2) Never in my life: Been to Minnesota.
3) When I was five: My baby sister was born.
4) High school was: A balancing act, getting along with the politicos and the theater people and the music people and being tolerated by the jocks.
5) Fire is: what burned down a whole apartment complex on my grandmother's street when I was nine. Four or five buildings. No one hurt, I don't think, but dozens dispossessed, and the smell reeked for months.
6) I once saw: Daniel Patrick Moynihan walking down the street in Greenwich Village, Manhattan.
7) ThereÂs this woman I know who: Constantly underestimated her worth until she moved out of his house.
8) Once, at a bar: I got a really high score on Ms. Pac-Man.
9) By noon IÂm usually: Just getting started.
10) Last night: I went to bed, exhausted at 10:30 p.m.
11) If I only had: the power of flight, so I could get more things done.
12) Next time I go to church: it'll be to sing.
13) What worries me most: Escalating violence in the world.
14) When I turn my head left: I see 50% of my books.
15) When I turn my head right: I see a mess.
16) You know I'm lying when: I'm talking about cars or going shopping in a positive way.
17) What I miss most about the eighties: won't appear in this blog any time soon.
18) If I were a character written by Shakespeare, IÂd be: melancholy.
19) By this time next year: I'm hoping Lydia will be sleeping better.
20) I have a hard time understanding: people who LIKE to shop. Seriously - it's like something out of a Lord of the Rings novel; impenetrable.
21) You know I like you if: I tell you something "real", not just conversational piffle.
22) If I won an award, the first person I'd thank would be: Well, I suppose it would depend on what I got the award for.
23) Darwin, Mozart, Slim Pickens & Geraldine Ferraro: All were alive in the past 250 years.
24) Take my advice, never: Lie, particularly about substantive stuff. It's too hard to keep track of.
25) My ideal breakfast is: Waffles, eggs, sausage. Which I almost never have.
26) If you visit my hometown, I suggest you go to: the junction of the rivers.
27) Why doesn't everyone: Vote.
28) If you spend the night at my house: We'll find a wayaccommodatedate you.
29) IÂd stop my wedding: If pigs actually flew.
30) The world could do without: Rudeness.
31) My favorite blond is: Big Bird.
32) If I do anything well, it's: Think too much.
33) And by the way: When I become rich, I'll get a massage every single day.
WTO Announces Formalized Slavery Market For Africa At a Wharton Business School conference on business in Africa that took place on Saturday, November 11, the WTO announced the creation of a new, much-improved form of slavery for the parts of Africa that have been hardest hit by the 500-year history of free trade there.
Never heard of that band – oh, THEM!
2 hours ago