My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

TV Shorts


Friend Fred is saving up episodes of "24". Fred, avoid the TV Guide letters on page 17 of next week's issue. On the other hand, the Chloe story on page 44 gives little away.
***
My best to the ABC News co-anchor, Bob Woodruff, and cameraman Doug Vogt, who were injured in Iraq this past weekend. ABC News was my broadcast of choice, so seeing co-anchor Elizabeth Vargas in on Sunday, scrapping the planned reports in favor of stories about IEDs, med evacs and about Bob and Doug, referring to them by first name, was very touching. I found out at church that Woodruff's wife used to attend the church I'm attending now some years ago, a fact that I had not known.
***
Cheers to FOX for showing the last four episodes of "Arrested Development".
Jeers to FOX for running them a week from Friday, head to head with opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics. All I can say is: Thank goodness for the DVR. I probably won't watch the opening ceremonies, but someone in my household probably will.

***
EDIT Fred HAS seen the first 4 episodes of "24", so he knows that X and Y have died. Good.
***
The reply button to the previous post for today isn't working, and I don't know why. If you want to post responses on THIS post to THAT piece, assuming it doesn't magically rectify itself, feel free.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Roger-

Your comments about being Black, and your running survey of the old Black comic book has got me thinking. I feel a blog entry (essay) about to be written. Be warned.

Thought you might find this interesting:

http://www.infinitematrix.net/faq/essays/noles.html

-dwvr