My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Have I Ever...

When I was a kid, my birthday was always during Lent. I was always bummed by that, because I thought I was always supposed to be giving up something at a point when I wanted to, well, GET stuff.
Now, I revisit the idea of Lent as more of a reflective time.
Incidentally, my birthday was on Shrove Tuesday in 2000, and it'll be during the Mardi Gras period again in 2038.

Purloined from Tosy and Cosh.

1. Smoked cigarettes - Yes, about two dozen total in the late 1970s, usually while drinking.
2. Smoked a cigar - I tried once, couldn't do it.
3. Broken a CD - Not "smashed", but I spilled Coke on one, and it was irrevocably wrecked.
4. Crashed a friend's car - Well, actually not wrecked, but I did once knock over a Dumpster while going in reverse when I wanted to be going forward.
5. Stolen a car - Well, technically, no.
6. Been in love - Oh, yeah....
7. Been dumped - A number of times, the last time by e-mail.
8. Shoplifted - When I was a kid, chewing gum. Got caught, had to bring it back and apologize. Mortifying.
9. Been fired - No, although I did quit one job because I feared being fired. Also, I HATED the job, so no great loss, except financially.
10. Been in a fist fight - Yes. Three times, when I was 7, 11, and 16, none initiated by me, and at least two of which will be blog fodder for the future.
11. Snuck out of your house - Oh, yeah, to see HS girlfriend.
12. Had feelings for someone who didn't have them back - sure.
13. Been arrested - Yes, intentionally. May 8, 1972. There's a story there, too.
14. Made out with a stranger - Yes, at a Halloween party 20 years ago.
15. Gone on a blind date - No.
16. Lied to a friend - Undoubtedly, probably "for their own good", or so I thought at the time.
17. Had a crush on a teacher - Yes, 12th grade English.
18. Skipped school - I had perfect attendance from 3rd to 11th grade. 12th grade? Not so perfect.
19. Slept with a co-worker - Yes, unfortunately. When you break up and you're still working together, it's tricky. Especially when our mutual boss abdicated, making me her boss.
20. Seen someone die - No, but I've been there within the hour a couple times - my great uncle Ed and my father.
21. Been on a plane - Yes., most recently a year ago. It's like a flying bus; I don't much like it.
22. Thrown up in a bar - No.
23. Taken painkillers - Yes, given to me by my father, for soexcrruciatinging pain some two decades ago.
24. Love someone or miss someone right now - Oh, my, yes.
25. Laid on your back and watched cloud shapes go by - Yes, and I will again.
26. Made a snow angel - Yes.
27. Played dress up - Yes.
28. Cheated while playing a game - Not to my recollection.
29. Been lonely - Yes.
30. Fallen asleep at work/school - Yes
31. Used a fake id - Don't think so.
32. Felt an earthquake - Yes, and at least twice in upstate New York.
33. Touched a snake - I think so, but I'm honestly not sure.
34. Ran a red light - No.
35. Been suspended from school - No.
36. Had detention - Don't think so.
37. Been in a car accident - At least three, one bad enough to put me in the hospital for a couple days. and physical therapy for six weeks.
38. Hated the way you look - Yes. there are these dreadful glasses I had when I was 13.
39. Witnessed a crime - I'd say so. I was walking with my mother and this loutish man was screaming at and shoving a woman. I wanted to intercede, but my mother was nervous, so I ran home and called the cops.
40. Pole danced - My, no.
41. Been lost - When I was three or four, I went exploring at Ross Park. I didn't think I was lost, butparentstly my partents did.
42. Been to the opposite side of the country - Yes.
43. Felt like dying - Yes, but not lately.
44. Cried yourself to sleep - Yes, but not lately.
45. Played cops and robbers - Probably.
46. Sang karaoke - Strangely, no. Not adverse to it, just never happened. Did sing live, background vocals to "Disco Inferno" a couple years ago, which was interesting.
47. Done something you told yourself you wouldn't - Sure, usually involving food.
48. Laughed till some kind of beverage came out of your nose - Probably.
49. Caught a snowflake on your tongue - Of course.
50. Kissed in the rain - Absolutely.
51. Sing in the shower - Yes, but only at home, not at the Y.
52. Made love in a park - Yes.
53. Had a dream that you married someone - Yes.
54. Glued your hand to something - Don't think so.
55. Got your tongue stuck to a flag pole - No, but saw the movie.
56. Worn the opposite sex's clothes - See my Halloween post
57. Had an orgasm - Oh, come on!
58. Sat on a roof top - Not nearly often enough.
59. Didn't take a shower for a week - Yes, when I was living at my grandmother's house in 1975.
60. Ever too scared to watch scary movies alone - No. I tend to avoid them alone or with companions.
61. Played chicken - By this, I assume he means the "Funky Chicken" - yes.
62. Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on - Not "pushed", but I've gone in voluntarily a few times.
63. Been told you're hot by a complete stranger- No. Dammit.
64. Broken a bone - No.
65. Been easily amused - I write a blog, don't I?
66. Laugh so hard you cry - Yes, at the scene of "Young Frankenstein" with the blind man. There have been other times since.
67. Mooned/flashed someone - No.
68. Cheated on a test - Yes. 9th grade biology. Didn't get caught either, but I regretted it greatly.
69. Forgotten someone's name - I am absolutely awful with names. Horrible. Everyone should wear nametags.
70. Slept naked - In the summer.
71. Gone skinny dipping in a pool- Yes, and also in a pond.
72. Been kicked out of your house - No.
73. Blacked out from drinking - No.
74. Played a prank on someone - Probably, little things, nothing cruel.
75. Gone to a late night movie - The first was Rocky Horror.
76. Made love to anything not human - Nope.
77. Failed a class - a pre-law course in college.
78. Choked on something you're not supposed to eat - Don't think so.
79. Played an instrument for more than 10 hours - No.
80. Cheated on a gf/bf - Unfortunately. I've come to the conclusion that you don't have to actually have physical intimacy to cheat.
81. Ate a whole package of Oreos - Maybe half, not lately.
82. Thrown strange objects - I don't know what this means. Like cows?
83. Felt like killing someone - Metaphorically? Sure. Literally? Probably not.
84. Thought about running away - Yes.
85. Ran away - No.
86. Did drugs - Occasional MJ use over 20 years ago. And didn't much enjoy it. Tended to make me sleepy.
87. Had detention and not attend it - No.
88. Yelled at parents - Don't think so.
89. Made parent cry - Not that I can recall.
90. Cried over someone - Oh, heck, yeah.
91. Owned more than 5 puppies - Puppies? No. I've had one dog in my whole life. Once had three kittens at the same time.
92. Dated someone more than once - I assumed "dated" means, "had a dating relationship with". Yes, and with more than one person.
93. Have a dog - No.
94. Have a cat - Not for a couple decades.
95. Own an instrument - Yes. A tambourine, some other percussion.
96. Been in a band - Folk trio- yes. Rock band? No.
97. Had more than 25 sodas in one day - My stars, no.
98. Made out with a member of the same sex - Nope. Mildly curious many years ago.
99. Shot a gun - My grandfather's rifle when I was 7. Landed on my keister.
100. Been online for more than 5 hours straight - Possible, but unlikely.

1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

I just found out from this post http://sbdcrn.blogspot.com/2006/03/earthquakes.html that the dates of the 2 NYS earthquakes I experienced were on October 7, 1983 at Goodnow in the Adironack Mts. (175 miles away) and April 20, 2002 in Au Sable Forks (140 miles away). Both of these were 5.1 on the Richter scale.