My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I AM the Iron Lady

Dennis, are you at the gin again?
Which Annoying B-list Celebrity Are You?
Brought to you by Rum and Monkey.

It's the librarian in me. Cartoonist Doug Marlette died recently, but he's not showing up in Dead or Alive. The Pulitzer Prize winner was as least as significant as Kerwin Mathews, who "starred in the movie 'The 7th Voyage of Sinbad' and "had other swashbuckling film roles in the 1950s and 1960s", who died on July 5; or Claudia Cohen, the "high-profile gossip reporter often seen on 'Live with Regis & Kelly'", who passed away on June 15. So, I've submitted Marlette's name, so far unsuccessfully. Maybe if enough folks do it, they'll change their minds. They've done it before with singer Ruth Brown, who they initially ignored.
***
In this worrisome article, an argument against the (mere) censure of the President suggested by Sen. Russ Feingold (D-WI) is made, whereas this piece says that censure is an appropriate "senatorial compliment to the burgeoning movement for impeachment." I would support the censure.
But the main thrust of the former article is that there will be some self-generated trigger to send a population already primed for an attack on the "homeland" to war: Chertoff's "gut feeling", followed by a more stark "national intelligence estimate" (NIE) of the situation, compared with 15 months ago, to show that the intelligence community was "correct". So, say, San Francisco is secretly attacked by our own government and this will justify an attack on, e.g., Iran? Very paranoid, I hope.
In any case, Mark Evanier, who linked to this article nailed it: "If [the new NIE is] right, we're in for more terrorist attacks. Isn't it comforting to know that either that's true or the entire U.S. intelligence community doesn't know what they're talking about?"
***
A YouTube video called Led Zeppelin - Rip-off Artists. I like LZ, yet this, admittedly, is a hardly exhaustive examination of the appropriation of songs by the band.
***
ADD linked to a wonderful reminiscence of the glory days of local TV news in Albany by former anchor Ed Dague (the best news anchor Albany, New York ever had). This is almost certainly true. He justified the link in his mostly comic-related blog because I have a comment.

Scott answers my questions about God and baseball.

I provided 5 questions to a bunch of folks. Here are the replies from ADD and Greg and Johnny B and the person who gave me questions in the first place, Jaq.

Also, I did a meme, and at my request, Mrs. Lefty and Edwin and Gordon responded to it.

Those relationships I get, people I mostly don't know, but I've read their stuff, and they mine. But I was looking at my Technorati thingy, and found that I got picked up by a couple aggregators, including this one. The Internet continues to fascinate and confound me.

Oh, speaking of Gordon, something I did a while ago and forgot about:

ersie
matches

48%



with
CoffeeAchiever



CoffeeAchiever

CoffeeAchiever

CoffeeAchiever

CoffeeAchiever

CoffeeAchiever


Take CoffeeAchiever's MatchMe Test
Take ersie's MatchMe Test

Brought to you by:
OkCupid - Free Online Dating!


***
Spam is 70. Possibly literally.

ROG

No comments: