My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Monday, July 09, 2007

Dancin' with Myself

After going through a week-long computer withdrawal, I'm finally catching up on perusing some of the blogs I generally read and discover my name a few times. Gordon apologizes to me for being a little snarky to me on his podcast. Of course, I read the apology BEFORE hearing said podcast.
It turns out that I mentioned Fred Hembeck and Lynn Moss' anniversary on my blog before Fred did on his, for good reason, which you can on the June 25 posting.
Then, I discovered that I got tagged by Tosy & Cosh with THE most convoluted initial instructions I've ever seen:

INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.

1. No Smoking in the Skull Cave
2. Electronic Cerebrectomy
3. Byzantium's Shores
4. Tosy and Cosh
5. Ramblin' with Roger

Next, select five people to tag.

Oh, I'm not much on tagging, but...

1. The Life of a Wife and Teacher
2. Renaissance Geek
3. Blog To Self
4. Hydrogen Jukebox
5. Blog THIS, Pal!

"And, after what felt like unduly preliminaries," quoting Tosy, the questions:

What were you doing ten years ago?
I had the same job. I was living in an apartment in Albany, not in a serious relationship, seeing LOTS of movies. Probably saw more 1997 movies than any other year.

What were you doing one year ago?
Going to the Olin family reunion again, as we did, in fact, this past weekend.

Five snacks you enjoy.
1. Oatmeal raisin cookies - must be soft - with milk
2. Apple with cottage cheese and a touch of mayo
3. That dip made with spinach and sour cream, with good bread
4. Strawberry ice cream
5. Wheat Thins

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics.
I was at the Y last week , and one of my racquetball partners started singing "(There's a) Hole in the Bucket". I asked him where he'd heard that song. It was from a Harry Belafonte album. My sister and I learned it from my father, and used to perform it in public when we were teenagers. That song I definitely know. Also:
1. "Beep Beep" by the Playmates
2. "The Boxer" by Simon & Garfunkel, but not that dumb, tacked-on verse: "After changes upon changes, we are more or less the same." Or however it goes.
3. "Do-Re-Mi" from The Sound of Music, not just the obvious part, but from "Let's start at the very beginning..." Wish I could sing harmony with myself.
4. "Go Where You Wanna Go" by the Mamas & the Papas, and also the Fifth Dimension. My sister Leslie and I sang this at my 50th birthday party; another song from the repertoire.
5. "The Word" by the Beatles.
By the way, I would never go on that show The Singing Bee, which debuts this week. I've heard enough renditions of Beatles' songs this week, where the artists, including the Beatles themselves, change the lyric, that I'm as likely to muff a word as they are.

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire.
1. Write more.
2. Travel (a lot more).
3. See more theater, movies.
4. Give more away.
5. Get one or two extravagances. Probably #1 is a laptop.

Five bad habits.
1. Misplacing things.
2. Procrastination.
3. General messiness.
4. Rushing through tasks.
5. A certain melancholy.

Five things you like doing.
1. Playing racquetball, as much for the camaraderie as the exercise.
2. Going out for ice cream. So much better than eating it at home, no?
3. Riding my bike on a country road.
4. Going to the movies.
5. Going out to a nice dinner.

Five things you would never wear again.
I actually owned two leisure suits in the mid 1970s, one brown, one lime green. Seriously, can't think of anything else.

ROG

1 comment:

GayProf said...

Hey, for the 70s, I am sure those leisure suits were kickin'.