My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Saturday, May 03, 2008

My Blog QUESTIONS


This is what I'd like to know. The caveat first: I may do all, or some or none of the great suggestions you proffer.

1)What features have I had in this blog that you want me to continue or get back to doing, and what should I drop?

2) What would you suggest I do that would generate more traffic and, more importantly for me, more comments?

Any other bloggy-type comments would be appropriate here as well. You want me to link to your blog, e.g.?

Expect that I will have a post next week where I talk about changes that I want to make, as well as how I might integrate some of yours.
***
I do so love the new feature in Blogger. I will use it a LOT.

"Scheduled post publishing...is now live for everyone. If you set a post’s date into the future, Blogger will wait to publish until that time comes.

"Have you ever wanted to announce something on a certain date but knew you wouldn’t be at a computer to make a post? Or you wanted to keep posting regularly but knew you’d be on vacation for a few weeks?"

Happens all the time.

"Scheduled post publishing is here to help you out."

"Scheduling a post is easy to do: on the post editor page, click the 'Post Options' toggle to show the 'Post date and time' fields. Then, type a post date and time that’s in the future. When you click the 'Publish' button, your post will become 'scheduled.' When the date and time of the post arrive, it will be automatically published to your blog.

"'Scheduled' posts appear in your Edit Posts list alongside your drafts and published posts. To un-schedule a post, simply save it as a draft any time before it gets published."

This way, I don't have to impose on someone to post for me. The thing makes a lot of sense.

"One quick note: If you want to give a post a date in the future but have it appear on your blog now, you’ll need to add in an extra step. First, publish your post with the current date and time. This will make it appear on your blog. Then, edit the post to change the date into the future and publish it again.

"We don’t re-schedule posts that are already published, so the post will stay on your blog but sort to the very top. The same is true of future dated posts you’ve already made, so there’s no need to worry about your existing posts disappearing, or having your blog assaulted by unplanned entries in, say, 2027."


ROG

6 comments:

GayProf said...

The key to getting more comments is commenting on more blogs yourself.

EM said...

I think you need to ease up on the "blogging each and every day" thing. Makes some of us look bad.

On the other hand, I've always liked the Lydia updates and Underplayed Vinyl.

Kelly Sedinger said...

Perhaps a new template design?

Jeremy said...

Those of us who never bothered with Blogger had no idea you people couldn't schedule posts. How did you manage?

Anonymous said...

I am going to formulate my own, personal business since you don't see any positive jobs around the market.

Could any individual provide any ideas or web sites about how to apply for government grant money to begin with my own business? I have already been looking on the web but just about every website asks for money and I've been told by the unemployment office to stay away from the websites that ask for money for grant information because they are scam. I'd personally be sincerely grateful for any help.

Roger Owen Green said...

My answer: HERE.