My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Saturday, March 06, 2010

Feeling Your Age QUESTION

One of the things I hated about some of the music of the 1990s was that it sounded like songs I knew, sort of. This wasn't just a copyright issue (Hammer, for one, was very good at attribution of the original source). It was that I would be briefly lulled into the familiar, only to be jolted into...something else. P. Diddy's music did that to me a lot.

(Though the Every Valley from Handel's Messiah: A Soulful Celebration was a GOOD surprise.)

So my family was at the 60th birthday party of the colleague of my wife's. And this song comes on. I think it's Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon, a song for which I have deep affection. Turns out to be some popular tune by Kid Rock that I had somehow missed. And, just for the moment, I was feeling my age.

What makes YOU feel like, just maybe, you're not still a kid?
***
Blue Is Frustrated from Blue's Clues. Pray tell, what is Blue frustrated about?
***
GORDON'S BIRTHDAY TODAY.
ROG

2 comments:

ADD said...

I hate that Kid Rock song more than words could even begin to express.

LisaF said...

I noticed that too! I have to admit, I do like the song. It's kind of like Werewolves of London meet Sweet Home Alabama. Ahhh, to be young and foolish again....NOT!