My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Love Me, I'm a Liberal

Kelly posted this meme thing on how "liberal" she is. It's pretty limited test, with a bunch of either/or questions for which I was desparate for a third choice, but I'd try it anyway.

I've been worried about the term "liberal", not recently, when the term seemed to become synonomous with "Why do you hate America?" (note: I don't), but back to when the late Phil Ochs wrote and performed a song from which I stole the title of this post, which suggests that "liberal" is not nearly progressive ENOUGH:

Your Political Profile:
Overall: 15% Conservative, 85% Liberal
Social Issues: 0% Conservative, 100% Liberal
Personal Responsibility: 0% Conservative, 100% Liberal
Fiscal Issues: 25% Conservative, 75% Liberal
Ethics: 25% Conservative, 75% Liberal
Defense and Crime: 25% Conservative, 75% Liberal


And while I was at it, I thought I'd see just how "tolerant" I am.

You Are 44% Open Minded

You aren't exactly open minded, but you have been known to occasionally change your mind.
You're tolerant enough to get along with others who are very different...
But you may be quietly judgmental of things or people you think are wrong.
You take your own values pretty seriously, and it would take a lot to change them.


Sounds about right, actually.
***
Note to Sarah, and any of you who are concerned about voter participation: I've been fascinated and encouraged by the rise of Instant Runoff Voting, which will, among many other things, allow someone to vote for a third party candidate without thinking that one is throwing one's vote away.

4 comments:

Onlinefocus Team said...

Oops, I only came out 55 percent Liberal???!

Something wrong here?

Hate Filled Poster said...

I got 77% open minded.

You are a very open minded person, but you're also well grounded.
Tolerant and flexible, you appreciate most lifestyles and viewpoints.
But you also know where you stand firm, and you can draw that line.
You're open to considering every possibility - but in the end, you stand true to yourself.

Hate Filled Poster said...

I'm weird when it comes to liberal and conservative.

Your Political Profile:
Overall: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
Social Issues: 25% Conservative, 75% Liberal
Personal Responsibility: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
Fiscal Issues: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
Ethics: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
Defense and Crime: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»