My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Friday, May 12, 2006

Photo op



Just back from conference #2 of the month. I presented there too.

I had this friend I went to school with from about 2nd to 9th grade named Ray. His mother was the den mother when we were Cub Scouts together. I was in Ray and Pam's wedding in October 1976. Pam just sent me this newspaper clipping from 1961, which, if you can't read it, indicates that I was helping with the packing for supplies for a "Negro tent community in Tennesssee". No doubt that my apparel was my father's idea.

You may notice that they gave full street addresses for the girl Penny and for me; they don't do THAT anymore, do they? You will also note that they misspelled my last name as Greene. Even then, I hated it when they screwed up my moniker.
***
My friend Judy, who drove me to Boston to be on JEOPARDY! in 1998, is taking the show's test in NYC tomorrow. Another friend called me to give pointers to a colleague who is also taking the test. They are all Albany librarians, so I wish them the best of luck.

No comments: