My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Because I Am A Lemming

I am participating in BlogDay2008:
BlogDay was created with the belief that bloggers should have one day dedicated to getting to know other bloggers from other countries and areas of interest. On that day Bloggers will recommend other blogs to their blog visitors.
With the goal in mind, on this day every blogger will post a recommendation of 5 new blogs. This way, all blog readers will find themselves leaping around and discovering new, previously unknown blogs.


I must say that I like getting out of my comfort zone now and then. So I did the next blog thing on Blogger. I avoided the ones with fewer than five posts for no particular reason. I found these:

Nicole Jarecz Illustration by Nicole Jarecz, Detroit, MI, United States. A junior at the College for Creative Studies, majoring in illustration.
Unsurprisingly, she does a lot of drawings, many of which I like. Occasionally, she even talks.

VERACRUZ TURISMO DIGITAL. Las Noticias de Turismo del Estado de Veracruz Mexico
It's in Spanish, and I don't really read Spanish, but it seems to be a site about the
culture of Veracruz. Has photos, so it was worth looking at.

Kundalini Splendor.
Poems and Reflections on the Spiritual Journey by Dorothy Walters
She writes: "I invite you to contact me." She has a kindly face. Pictures accompany her photos. I'm not much into poetry, I'm afraid, but the page gave me a soothing feeling, somehow. Clearly, my favorite of the five.

ADESPOTO Halandriou
Σύλλογος φίλων των ζώων Χαλανδρίου
It's all Greek to me. This person from Athens takes photos of animals. I like animals OK, but my Greek is non-existent, so the context is lost on me. Yet that's all right.

吕昕展 臭Baby部落格.
Shinzhan 吕昕展, Mersing, Johor, Malaysia
OK. Not my favorite kind of page; that is, a bunch of pictures of somebody's kid with no context, plus short videos. I don't mind an occasional pic- been known to do it myself, but no narrative, even if I could read Chinese.
Still, I'm fascinated by this page because I put it through the Google translator, and the title of the page reads: "Lu Hsin-Chin foul Baby blog". Really. Does this mean in translated Chinese what it means in English? And in the Chinese title: Are there no characters for "baby" in Chinese?


ROG

4 comments:

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

I didn't know that August 31, was designated "Blogger Day", so will have to hustle to get me five new blogs to promote----, hopefully will be able to post MY blogger day contribution in a few hours.

Rose DesRochers said...

All the blogs sound interesting, but I want to check out Dorothy's blog tomorrow.

Nik said...

Very nifty, I'll have to try this myself sometime (but it's already September here, Ive missed Aug. 31!)

Nicole Jarecz said...

I never knew about 'blogger day' till now. i'll have to try it out sometime....its really flattering that you found my blog interesting, so thanks for posting it!