My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Rock Meme: Robert Plant


Here's an old meme I found, which I'll use to celebrate Led Zeppelin lead singer Robert Plant's 60th birthday.
Artist/Band: Robert Plant (b. 8/20/1948)
Are you male or female: Poor Tom
Describe yourself: Dazed and Confused
How do some people feel about you: Your Time Is Gonna Come
How do you feel about yourself: Fool in the Rain
Describe what you want to be: Ten Years Gone
Describe how you live: Trampled Under Foot
Describe how you love: Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
Share a few words of wisdom: Hey Hey What Can I Do
I was going to use songs from the Honeydrippers or solo Plant, if I had to, but Zeppelin titles filled the bill.

One of my favorite LZ songs, Communication Breakdown


Robert Plant & Alison Krauss doing another song about communications breakdown, Please Read The Letter, from my favorite album of 2007


Tosy found this Yahoo! list of the 20 greatest albums ever based on sales, staying power, and acclaim; FOUR are by Led Zeppelin, three of which I own.

A happy birthday to Robert Plant.
***
John Hiatt turns 56 today. Little ambiguity about what He's communicating:

***
Isaac Hayes' birthday would also have been today, but he died 10 days shy of his 66th birthday. Since SamuraiFrog posted Walk On By recently, I thought I'd pick another song from the album Hot Buttered Soul, Hyperbolicsyllabicsesquedalymistic.

***
I was sad to hear of the passing of Jerry Wexler. His participation at Atlantic Records helped create the sound of Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, Sam and Dave and many others. He worked with artists as varied as Bob Dylan, Dusty Springfield, Dire Straits, and Santana.
***
Photo: Robert Plant and the Strange Sensation at the Green Man Festival - 18.08.2007. [Source=http://www.flickr.com/photos/90336485@N00/1205952170/ Robert Plant by Ella Mullins on flickr.com] |Date=August 18, 2007], used per Creative Commons
ROG

No comments: