My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Summer Solstice: Ask Roger Anything

Your Blog Should Be Blue

Your blog is a peaceful, calming force in the blogosphere.
You tend to avoid conflict - you're more likely to share than rant.
From your social causes to cute pet photos, your life is a (mostly) open book.

Song in my head: What Kind of Fool Am I.

In celebration of summer, here's your chance once again to Ask Roger Anything. And he has to answer! The answers might even be true! E-mail me or leave it in the reply space.

The other day, Chris Black asked "Are you following the World Cup?" Well, I haven't actually SEEN any of it, though I read the write-ups in the paper (and see a very occasional ESPN SportsCenter) enough to fear the Brazilians. I think it's because I don't find soccer (or futbol) to be a great TV sport; it's MUCH better live, when you can see the whole field, and the strategies the players employ. (Whereas football, American-style, is a great TV sport, because the action is more limited.)
I've also discovered that, for me, hockey is better live than on TV, pretty much for the same reason; TV hockey feels like "follow the puck." Oh, congratulations, 'Canes.

So, Roger, what new acronym do we need to adopt? IYT. The acronym already has a couple definitions, but needs another: An "Inapplicable 'You, Too' " as described in the 5/23 edition of Pearls Before Swine

It is SO true. Sunday, my wife said to two of our male neighbors, "Happy Fathers Day." They replied in unison, "You, too." Then they grinned sheepishly.

Add IYT to the lexicon!

Oh, and look at yesterday's (6/20) Pearls for wisdom about blogging.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took that test and got blue as well. Good thing I guess that my blog is already that color.

I really enjoy reading "Pearls Before Swine", even if the artwork is lacking.

Questions for Roger:

1. So far, what has been your biggest-happiest-proudest moment of being Lydia's father?

2. It's early yet, but who are you picking to win the World Series?

3. What is the most controversial book you have read and what are your general thoughts about it?

(And forgive me if questions #1 and #3 have already been asked of you in the past.)

Nik said...

Cheesy cliched questions!

If you were a tree, what kind would you be?

If you could meet any person living or dead, who?

If you were a book, what would your title be?

Gordon D said...

I have a few questions:

1) Is it true that Lefty Brown and I are the same person? (After all, you never see us in the same room together)?

and

2) What's the best thing about living in Albany, NY?

Lefty said...

First of all...Gordon! Is this some lame attempt to claim ownership of my cd and comic book collection....'cause that can go both ways my friend!

Now questions:

One I've actually have been thinking about emailing you privately...
1.) The EW 25 Controversial films...have you watched Birth of a Nation? If so, what are your reactions to it? I'm trying to frame the question on the place of art versus racism. Take the Triumph of the Wills. I can apreciate the talent and artistry of R....(I forget her name) but of course the subject and the use of film as propoganda is oft-times bone-chilling.


2.) You get one and only one Beatles album to survivor the coming Apocalypse. Which one would it be (and no fair going to either of the red or blue collections)?

3.) Resurrection. Will our lives in heaven being only as souls, or will it be in body as well? If it is bodily, which body type? Tattoos et al? The thinner or fatter me? Etc?

4.) Is violence ever justified? Do you believe a violent resistance when it comes to protect your loved ones?

5.) Do you have any favorite sports teams?

6.) What musician/band do you find yourself a fan of, that 10 years you would have never expected to like?

7.) Why does Lefty ask so many questions?

That's it, for now.

And don't think I've forgotten about you, Gordon. I got my eye on you!

Tom the Dog said...

That "You too" thing is straight out of a Brian Regan routine. Waitress: "Enjoy your meal." Brian "You too!"