My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Movie Quote Meme

In as much as it's Oscar weekend, I thought I'd cop this from Gordon. However, I didn't looked at his responses before writing this because I didn't want to be influenced by my near-twin's choices:

1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Fill in the film title once it's guessed.
5. NO Googling/using IMDb search functions.
(Feel free to stick your guesses in the comments section)
I THINK half of them may be easy, the other half not so much, but none of these films are obscure.

1. There's an old joke - um... two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort, and one of 'em says, "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know; and such small portions."
"Annie Hall" = Tom the Dog

2. It's got a long rock wall with a big oak tree at the north end. It's like something out of a Robert Frost poem. It's where I asked my wife to marry me. We went there for a picnic and made love under that oak and I asked and she said yes.
"Shawshank Redemption" - Scott

3. You're a sucker for French poetry and rhinestones. You're very generous. You're kind to strangers and children, and when you stand in the snow you look like an angel.
"Groundhog Day" - Tom the Dog

4. If I don't get a little law and order around here, I get busted down to a traffic corner. And your friend don't like traffic corners.
"West Side Story" - Gordon

5. We've become bored with watching actors give us phony emotions. We are tired of pyrotechnics and special effects.
The Truman Show

6. They have to paint me red before they chop me. It's a different religion from ours. I think.
"Help!" - Gordon!

7. Uh, well, if anyone from the, uh, from the IRS is watching, I... forgot to file my, my, my 1040 return. Um, I meant to do it today, but, uh...
"Apollo 13" -Jaquandor

8. My story begins in London, not so very long ago. And yet so much has happened since then, that it seems more like an eternity.
One Hundred and One Dalmatians

9. I want them to stop looking to me for answers, begging me to speak again, write again, be a leader. I want them to start thinking for themselves. I want my privacy.
"Field of Dreams" - Scott

10. Do you have a special grudge against me? Do you feel a particularly strong resentment? Is there something I've said that's caused this contempt, or is it just things I stand for that you despise?
The Graduate
***
For Gordon and Lefty, other Doctor Who fans, and linguists: Darleks vs Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre


ROG

4 comments:

Scott said...

Ooooo! I know two of them, and one I feel I should know.

The two I know.

2. "Shawshank Redemption
9. "Field of Dreams"

I believe I should know what number 7 is, but I just can't think of it (without Google that is).

Kelly Sedinger said...

Number Seven (the IRS one) is from Apollo 13.

Tom the Dog said...

Cool, I should do this.

1. Annie Hall
3. Groundhog Day

And I had to cheat and Google 10, because it sounded so darn familiar but I couldn't get it. I won't name it here, but man, I really should've gotten it.

Gordon D said...

Number 4, I think, is from West Side Story...and number 6 is from Help!, which I really need to blog about because the new 2-DVD set is "the awesome".