My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Thursday, May 22, 2008

So early in the morning

Tuesday morning, I was the first person to vote in my district to vote on the budget proposals for the school and library. I saw the Capital News 9 truck in the parking lot, but I wasn't thinking much about it. I was thinking how it's 7 a.m. and I need to get my daughter, who was still in bed last I checked, dressed and on the 7:30 bus. (Her mother was home, but would leave as soon as I got back.)

It's always interesting being interviewed. Read this story about the voting in Albany, which does mention me. The reporter, Ms. Godchalk, asked me a question about how the rising cost of things would affect my voting choices; interesting slant designed to generate a particular point of view. Unfortunately, I didn't have a pithy response, so I launched into a bunch of cliches about how we could be "penny wise and pound foolish" and how we could pay for good education now or pay later - I was thinking about welfare and prison, but did not specify. Did I mention I had a four-year old and that her education was important to me? I did not. No wonder sports figures asre always engaging in terminology such as "take it one day at a time."

Anyway, a few hours later, maybe around 10 a.m. I went to the Capital News 9 website to see if they had actually used the interview. Instead, I saw a piece Ms. Godchalk had done with Eva Joseph, the superintendent of the Albany School District about the budget process, and I figured, "OK, I got bumped." Ah, but Capital News 9 is a 24-hour news station, provided by Time Warner Cable, and they use almost EVERYTHING. When I got to the library that evening to hear the Times Union's Rex Smith speak, someone told me that he HAD seen me on TV, and that I sounded good. So I went to the computers upstairs, and saw myself. Unfortunately, it was one of the 15-minute computers with no headphones, but I was on screen for at least 20 seconds; at least I LOOKED intelligent, even if I were babbling.

Anyway, in Albany, the proposed 2008-09 school budget was approved, 2,331-2,011, and the proposed library budget was approved, 2,400-1,906.

1 comment:

angelina said...

I am glad to read this Blog- The very name cancer is scary to us. Since no cure for this, any one will fear. Even me too. This is a nice blog- But I am looking for more updates with more information. Cancer can make people invalid. I know that it can kill your health but never the will. Your heart will beat for the untold melody of life. I have found an info guide that deals with the Cure of Cancer through holistic treatment. It may be good if you really need a cure to save life. Yu can have that free guide from following URL http://www.helpcure.com/cancer
I request all to gather/ find more and better information about cancers and create blogs as well as blog posts to make us know further. You know many of us need better information. Even me too.
Have a nice day