My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Why I Blog

Sometimes, when I get the blogging melancholy - you know, nobody comments, et al. - I get some positive feedback. All of these e-mails came between April 17 and 22.

One was a message from a new salon that noted my mention in a blog post.

Another was a message from a former high school history teacher of mine who became a county executive and now heads a statewide nonprofit. I'm not clear which assessment he's referring to, but it's accurate: "Many thanks for your assessment of me as one of your teachers. Being included with Helen Foley is good company, indeed. Glad to see that you haven't lost your interest in world affairs. At what library in Albany do you work, or have I misread the information on your blog?" Helen Foley, BTW, was my public speaking teacher, and, not incidentally Rod Serling's beloved teacher in junior and senior high school.

A third was someone who "met Raoul Vezina in 1983 in a comic store in Albany NY. I have #1-4 signed Smilin Ed comics and a 1983 Fantacon poster signed by Raoul as well. He was a gentle person and very talented. I remember you too. You worked at the comic store...am I correct? My boyfriend at the time...purchased comics at your store. You may remember him. I'm sure you don't remember me. LOL! [He] and I are not together now. I found your e-mail address on the web when I was looking up Raoul Vezina on my computer. I found Raoul's Smilin Ed comics when I was cleaning out a drawer. I'd completely forgotten about them. When I saw them, it brought back so many wonderful memories. I have Raoul's obituary clipping from the Times Union. I don't know why I saved all this stuff, but I did. As I looked at the comics and the clipping, I wondered if anyone would appreciate them after I'm gone. I decided that no one would, except another person who knew Raoul. My daughter will probably will consider it garbage, not aware that Raoul was a special person and a talented artist. So, saying that, I'd like to ask you if you'd like them. I will send them to you at no cost to you, if you'd like. Let me know."
Yes, I do remember her boyfriend, but alas not her, but she was most kind.

Also Raoul-related is the first comment to this post.

Always nice to get the psychic, and occasionally, actual goodies.

ROG

No comments: