I'm Sunday Stealing again:
1. When you go to Wowmart, what one thing do you get every single time, besides a funky-wheeled squeaking cart full of frustration?
The heebie-jeebies. Since I never go there on my own, only with other people, usually those with whom I am related, I find that it's almost like suffocating.
2. What is something that people are currently “into” that you just don’t get or appreciate?
Probably a reality show that I haven't even heard of. I mean I never knew about Jon and Kate until their marriage went south, and now I hear about them ALL OF THE TIME. Oh, I know something else: Twilight. All I know about it is what I read in other people's blogs, none of it complimentary.
3. What is something that really hoists your sail that other people might feel “ho-hum” about?
Racquetball, the sport of kings. And I actually like to watch tennis tournaments such as the U.S. open and Wimbledon.
4. Favorite song to sing in the shower or car?
Oh, there's no singular favorite. It's often affected by my mood or what I've been listening to. On the bike, though, it's as often as not, "Keeping On Running" by the Spencer Davis Group; GREAT bass line.
5. A really great salad must have this ingredient:
Lettuce other than iceberg.
6. What advice in a nutshell would you give to new bloggers?
Write three days worth of stuff before you post your first item; otherwise, you'll have tabula rasa every day.
7. What was the alternate name that your parents almost named you? Do you wish they had chosen it instead of the one they gave you?
Actually, I was always going to be Roger, and my sister Leslie was going to be Leslie. I think my mom was pushing for Margaret for the baby sister, but Marcia was the compromise.
8. What in your life are you waiting for?
Very little. I find that waiting for even the weekend tends to diminish the time I'm in presently in. If it'd Wednesday and I want it to be Friday would mean Wednesday and Thursday are not being honored.
9. You get a package in the mail. What is it, and who is it from?
From my sister Marcia. Something she's passed on from my 18-year-old niece to my 5 year old daughter.
10. Today–what song represents you?
I'm So Tired by the Beatles.
11. What is one thing that blogging has taught you about yourself?
That I'm even more opinionated than I thought I was, and more disciplined.
12. How are you going to (or how did you) choose the clothes you’re wearing today?
What do they say about you in general or specifically how you’re feeling today?
Are they clean? Are they wrinkled? Do they vaguely match? Are they torn? If the answers are Yes, No, Yes, and Depends On Where And How Much, respectively, we're good to go. It means that clothes have never been that important to me.
I should note the passing of Larry Gelbart, writer of the TV show M*A*S*H (which I watched religiously), co-creator of the Broadway musical A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (hilarious, even in a local production I saw), and co-writer of Tootsie (a film I enjoyed), among many other credits, going back to working with Sid Caesar. But I'll just recommend this piece by Mark Evanier and also this one, which rightly points to this piece by Ken Levine.
Music Throwback Saturday: For Sentimental Reasons
17 hours ago