Sunday Stealing, redux.
36. If you suddenly became single or are single, do you think you could last in a relationship for 12 months or more?
I'd like to think so. Probably.
37. Do you forgive or forget?
Forgive, usually; forget, seldom.
38. Do you trust people?
Probably less than I used to. That said, probably more than more people. I had the laptop in the hotel, and one of my sisters suggested that I lock it up somewhere; it would not have occurred to me.
39. What are you not looking forward to?
Painting the attic. It's HOT up there by fairly early in the day.
40. Do you get mad easily?
I don't think so. But when I do, it can be furious, so don't push it.
41. Tell us about the last time you were told you that you have pretty eyes.
I don't recall. There was this woman about 25 years ago.
42. Do you have strange dreams?
Oh, goodness YES. Sidebar: I gave up caffeinated soda on March 16 because I wasn't sleeping. More correctly, I was going to sleep, but I wasn't STAYING asleep. Then I prettyy much NEEDED the caffeine so that I didn't fall asleep at my desk.
So now, I still wake up in the middle of the night, but I roll over and go back to sleep. And all these latter-part-of-the-night dreams innvolve distorted versions of my childhood, and all sorts of mayhem that are so vivid, yet so ALMOST plausible that I have to recollect it and realize that it COULDN'T have happened.
43. Ever licked someone's cheek or forehead?
Undoubtedly, as some sort of torture.
44. Tell us about the last time you fell asleep in someone's arms.
As opposed to just cuddling, I suppose. It was probably the Wife, and I was probably ill.
45. When did you last play a game?
Uno, Saturday with the Daughter.
46. What do you have on you at all times?
My wedding ring.
47. Do you go out in public without getting all dressed up?
I'd do it more often, if i could get away with it.
48. Do you like fruity or minty gum?
Mint - spearmint.
49. Favourite musician or group?
50. Do you like anyone?
Define "like". I like quite a few people. Even love a few.
51. Favourite computer game?
Backgammon, except that when I play with someone, they often bail too early. Hearts with no real opponents I can at least finish.
52. First album you ever went and bought with your own money?
53. Think back five months ago, were you single?
No, and not 5 months before that either.
54. Do you believe in celebrating anniversaries?
Goodness, yes. Of all kinds.
55. Do you think someone is thinking about you right now?
How could they not?
56. Last thing you bought?
Lunch on Friday.
57. Are you a jealous person?
I tend not to be, though there have been moments in the past.
58. Does it take a lot to make you cry?
Not really. A beautiful piece of music can make me cry.
59. Do you have a friend of the opposite sex you can talk to?
Yes. Actually, for the longest time, about 90% of my best friends were female; now, it about 60%.
60. Have you ever had your heart-broken?
I mean, if you haven't, you are really lucky, I think.
61. Have you ever done something while drunk that you still cannot believe you did?
Back when I would drink in college, I was very flirtatious, but no, I don't believe
62. Is there anyone you secretly wish you could be spending your time with right now?
No secret. Myself. Don't get enough Roger time.
63. Do you text?
64. Do you wish someone would call or text you right now?
Sure, why not? And if they call me and I DON'T want to speak with him or her, well, that's what Caller ID is all about.
65. Is your life anything like it was a year ago?
66. Go back one year on your blog. Leave us a link to your favorite post.
M is for Money.
67. You can only drink ONE liquid for the rest of your life, what is it?
68. Tell us about someone that you have lost contact with someone you wish you didn't.
There are so many people I manage to regain contact of, some of whom I had lost contact with. But there was this woman named Diane in college; actually mostly after college when I was still hanging out in New Paltz. We used to just talk, play board games and generally hang out. Totally platonic. Lost track of her. She isn't in the alumni directory that came out in 2006, can't find her in Google, and I wonder how she is, WHERE she is.
69. What is the last thing you said out loud?
Good night, sleep tight.
70. Will this year be better than last?
Difficult to say. Last year was pretty good.
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame snubs
15 hours ago