Before that, though, deaths to note. The crash that killed the Polish leader and more than seven dozen other leaders was tremendously sad for that country; I found it deeply affecting. The guy who was dean of my library school when I attended died of cancer. Dixie Carter also succumbed to cancer; yes, I DID watch Designing Women, initially because it was between Newhart and Cagney & Lacey, but eventually on its own merits. Finally, I think the only thing that will create real mine safety is if someone from the WV mining company gets indicted and convicted of 29 counts of manslaughter, and that mine owners continue to be be held criminally liable; obviously, even heavy fines are treated as just the cost of doing business.
Sunday Stealing, again.
1. How far away is the last person you kissed?
About a foot away.
2. Has someone ever told you they would be with you forever?
More than once; didn't always work out. To be fair, that was a mutual pledge.
3. Last person you were in a car with?
The Wife and Daughter.
4. Any plans for tomorrow?
Play racquetball, go to work, come home; same as today.
5. How long does it take for you to take a shower?
10 minutes. Less when I'm in a hurry.
6. Best friend or close friends?
7. Is tomorrow going to be a good day?
Sure, why not?
8. Did you kiss anyone Friday?
I'm sure I did.
9. Ever thrown up in public?
Well, yes, actually, twice. The first time I remember quite vividly. I was at a party in my college town of New Paltz, NY and everyone, including me, was drinking. I was consuming a large amount of this Polish vodka, and I was really quite lucid. In fact, I had become the de facto host of the party because the host had passed out. The Polish vodka ran out, so I started drinking some Johnny Walker. In five minutes I went from sober to smashed - a late-arriving guest confirmed that he thought I was clear-headed only minutes earlier - to sick, fortunately in the bathroom. Lesson learned: don't mix drinks.
The other time, I had some flu or food poisoning. I had had a drink or two, but hardly enough to get sick. I always felt badly, though, because my friends Jean and Rich probably thought I was just drinking too much.
10. What's on your mind RIGHT NOW?
Baseball. Or sex. Or sleep. Or money. Wait, music.
11. Who was the last person you talked to?
12. What is the WORST subject they teach at school?
I don't know that there's a "worst" subject. There are things that I am more or less interested in.
13. Have you seen anyone lately that you don't get along with?
Not in person.
14. What is your favourite colour top to wear?
Blue. I have more blue shirts than any other.
15. Have you ever been in a car accident?
At least two that involved medical attention, one which put me in the hospital for a day and a half. Plus the bike avoiding the car thing. And a handful of lesser events.
16. What's the closest thing to you that's green?
When your name is green, your mother's, sisters', wife's, daughter's niece's names are all Green, so it is difficult to say. Oh, lower-case green: An ancient book called Play the Game: The Book of Sport that I used to read as a kid.
17. Where would you like to be right now?
On vacation. I just WAS on vacation.
18. Write down some lyrics to the song you're listening to?
Love is just like a baseball game
Three strikes you’re out
Up to bat
I thought I hit a love run
But to my surprise
I found I didn’t hit none
Threw her love so fast
She put me in a daze
Never knew that love
Could come so many ways
(Here's a recording.)
19. How many dogs do you have?
Zero. Haven't had one in decades.
20. Is anything bugging you right now?
Yes. Fred Phelps' "church", among other things.
21. Is life going right for you now?
It's more than tolerable. But I have a physical tomorrow, so we'll see.
22. Is there someone you care about more than yourself?
23. What made you laugh today?
The Daughter: something she said.
24. What was the last movie you watched?
25. Whats the last conversation you had about?
26. What were you doing at 7:00 this morning?
Will be getting ready for work.
27. Do you like your hair long or short?
28. Do you want to see somebody right now?
If I had the power of teleporting, I'd use it a lot.
29. Do you like the rain?
30. Did you have a valentine this year?
31. The last person you kissed needs you at 3 am, would you go?
32. Would you honestly say you'd risk your life for someone else?
33. Honestly, if you could go back 1 month and change something would you?
Not so much. Well, actually, if you said TWO months ago, then the answer would be yes.
34. How do you feel about boys smoking?
I hate smoking, no matter who is doing it.
35. Could you see yourself with someone forever?
I have my hopes.
Music throwback: Jingle Bells
2 hours ago