My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

TV Fandom Meme

From Mr. Frog.

Pick five of your favorite shows, in no particular order, before you read the below questions, then answer them!

1. M*A*S*H
2. The Mary Tyler Moore Show
3. The Dick van Dyke Show
4. Homicide: Life on the Street
5. The Twilight Zone

01. Who's your favorite character in 2?
Sue Ann Nivens (Betty White), who came across as very sweet, but who in fact was incredibly nasty.

02. Who's your least favorite character in 1?
Klinger (Jamie Farr), after he gave up the dresses. He used to be a one-trick pony, but then became a no-trick pony.

03. What's your favorite episode of 4?
Requiem for Adena. "Pembleton and Bayliss have to deal with the body of a young girl who was assaulted and killed, bring back memories of the Adena Watson case. The reflection on the old case dredges up bad memories and bad feelings which they try to put behind them." Here's a full episode guide for this great show, that was written by the guy who later wrote The Wire.

04. What's your favorite season of 5?
It was so long ago...not the first season and not the last. Probably Season Three. An episode guide.

05. Who is your favorite ship in 3?
The Alan Brady Show. (What does this question mean?)

06. Who is your anti-ship in 2?
Ted Baxter (ditto).

07. How long have you watched 1?
I watched virtually every show from the first eight seasons twice each, but the last three seasons only once each. Occasionally catch a rerun now.

08. How did you become interested in 3?
It was just there. But I admit to being fascinated by Laura Petrie's (Mary Tyler Moore) capri pants.

09. Who's your favorite actor/actress in 4?
Andre Braugher as Det. Francis Xavier "Frank" Pembleton

10. Which do you prefer: Show 1, 2 or 5?
Well, I love them all, obviously. But the hometown connection forces me to pick TZ.

11. Which show have you seen more episodes of, 1 or 3?
M*A*S*H, but only because it ran six seasons longer.

12. If you could be anyone from 4, who would you be?
Richard Belzer as Det. John Munch, who's been on about a half dozen different shows as the same character.

13. How would you kill off your favorite character in 1?
Hawkeye commits suicide trying to stop the war.

14. Give a random quote from 1.
"It's nice to be nice to the nice." Frank Burns. My wife and I STILL use this line.

15. Which character from 5 would be a good guest star on 2?
Well, since TZ is an anthology, plenty to pick from. How about the William Shatner character from Nightmare at 20,000 Feet first visiting WJM-TV, going crazy from listening to Ted. Ted could be what the Shatner character sees on the wing.

16. Would a 3/4 crossover work?
The Dick van Dyke Show and Homicide? I'm having a difficult time imagining it. Rob Sally, and Buddy go rogue, kill Alan and Mel...nah.

17. Pair 2 characters in 1 that would make an unlikely but strangely okay couple.
Staff Sgt. Luther Rizzo (G. W. Bailey) brought around by the patient Nurse Kellye (Kellye Nakahara)

18. Has 5 inspired you in any way?
Yes, to read a lot, to follow the career of Rod Serling, and to have pride in my hometown of Binghamton.

19. Overall, which show has a better cast, 2 or 4?
Probably 2, only because there were more transitions in 4. Massive regular and recurring cast on Homicide.

20. Which has better theme music, 3 or 5?
Well, van Dyke's was more melodic. TZ was more atmospheric. I guess the latter might be slightly more memorable to the current generation, but they're both great.
***
Oh, heck, might as well do this one, too.

1. What is your favorite Star Trek movie? (not including STXI)?
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, of course. It's the best Trek movie of the first five..

2. What is your favorite scene in STXI?
XI? Is that the new movie? Haven't seen it yet.

3. When were you first introduced to the Star Trek franchise?
My father watched it when it was on NBC 1966-69; I wasn't interested. Think I saw the CARTOON version, which I liked, then started watching the original series, by then in syndication.

4. Is there anything Star Trek around the room in which you're currently sitting?
No, actualloy. I thought I had an episode guide, but I'm not seeing it.

5. Vulcan ears are: A) cute, B) sexy, C) neither, D) both.
D. Both.

6. If you could be any other species than human in the Star Trek universe, you would be:
Vulcans. I know it's the obvious answer; there you go.

7. Which pet would you rather have: a sehlat or a tribble?
well, not the Tribbles.

8. Who might you cast in the role of reboot Nurse Chapel? Khan? Other reboot character?
Kate Beckinsale was the first person I thought of for Chapel; don't know why.
Khan I'd leave be.

9. Kirk and Spock are:
Brothers of different blood types.

10. If you could give any Star Trek character a chance to be captain of the Enterprise?
Uhura.

BONUS. Think fast! Give one Star Trek quote from memory.
"Please, Spock, do me a favor... and don't say it's `fascinating' -- Dr. McCoy


ROG

5 comments:

magiceye said...

sorry dont watch any!

SparkleFarkel said...

Cool meme-fun! Zanily revealing. LOL! Kinda thought Martha Speaks would be on your list. (Yes, I, TOO, am a big, BIG fan of hers! Not only her TV show, but I've read all of her books as well. LOL!)

Serline said...

My hubby is familiar with 4 of the 5 shows (except number 4). What does that say about his age/interests?!?

??? said...

I so stole this meme. M*A*S*H* I used to watch, the dubbed German version is actually almost as good as the original, surprisingly.
Ship by the way means pairing of characters, in fan fiction in particular, short for relationship. Fan Fiction is a guilty pleasure of mine (reading, not writing)...

jay said...

Being English, I guess, I'm not familiar with most of those shows, but I did see a few Twilight Zones, back in the day. And interestingly, when I think of TZ, Nightmare at 20,000 feet is the episode I immediately recall! Shatner has become a far, far better actor than you might have expected watching that incredibly hammy performance, hasn't he? LOL!

Also interesting to me is your answer No. 2. I rather liked Klinger!