Something from Jaquandor whose birthday is September 26, same as my daddy's.
1. Never in my life have I been: to Asia. Or Africa. Or Europe. Or Australia. Or Antarctica. Or South America, though I came close.
2. The one person who can drive me nuts is: just one? OK, Pat Robertson.
3. High school: wasn't all that bad, eventually. I mean my friends and I were pariahs in my sophomore year because of our opposition to the Vietnam war. But by my junior year, that tended to be the more popular view. I was elected student government president that year and was a PITA to the principal, which was fun.
4. When I’m nervous: I feel like I need 16 hours of sleep.
5. The last song I listened to was: Roy Orbison's greatest hits album, his music of the 1950s and 1960s, not the later stuff, which I also own.
6. If I were to get married right now my best man/maid of honor: would be asking, "Why again?"
7. My hair is: pretty much gone; it's gray.
8. When I was 5: I was in the hospital with an uncontrollable bloody nose. That is where I saw a female doctor, and even then, that was a shock to the system.
9. Last Christmas: was fine. The child was happy.
10. I should be...: rich or famous, but probably not both.
11. When I look down I see: carpeting.
12. The happiest recent event was: something the choir sang well at church.
13. If I were a character on 'Friends' I would be: neurotic Ross.
14. By this time next year: I'd like to have lost some weight.
15. My current gripe is: There are people who actually believe Glenn Beck's "analysis" of anything.
16. I have a hard time understanding: the popularity of magazines, websites, et al. delineating the loves of demi-stars.
17. There’s this girl I know that: likes to recite the alphabet backwards.
18. If I won an award, the first person I would tell would be: The Wife. Followed by you. How's that for service! (Stolen response!)
19. Take my advice: Get a massage. You'll feel better.
20. The thing I want to buy: some day, one of those larger, stereophonic television contraptions.
21. If you visited the place I was born: You'd see flood damage from the 2006 flooding of the Susquehanna River around Binghamton, NY.
22. I plan to visit: my mother in Charlotte.
23. If you spent the night at my house: Wait, give me a moment. Got to get rid of the massive clutter in the guest room...
24. I’d stop my wedding if: I had to interview to be the JEOPARDY! head writer.
25. The world could do without: teabaggers.
26. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: watch FOX news.
27. Most recent thing I’ve bought myself: Corinne Bailey Rae's CD The Sea. Recommended.
28. Most recent thing someone else bought me: bunch o music for my birthday.
29. My favorite blonde is: Laura Linney.
30. My favorite brunette is: (other than my wife) Penelope Cruz (with HOF status for Sophia Loren).
31. My favorite red head is: Julianne Moore. I once had a dream about her, where I saved her from oncoming traffic, and she sent me videos of her movies.
32. My middle name is: Owen, just like Owen Marshall, Counselor-at-Law.
33. In the morning I: would rather stay in bed.
34. The animals I would like to see flying besides birds are: humans with jetpacks.
35. Once, at a bar: I got very drunk one one Long Island iced tea.
36. Last night I was: reading, sorting photos.
37. There’s this guy I know who: thinks way too much of himself.
38. If I was an animal I’d be: a bear, so I could hibernate in the winter.
39. A better name for me would be: there IS no better name for me.
40. Tomorrow I am: working on the family tree.
41. Tonight I am: tending to the child.
42. My birthday is: March 7, just like Anthony Armstrong-Jones, the former royal photographer who was married to one of the royals at one time. Complicated relationship, just like mine.
EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
8 hours ago