My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Blog Mixed Bag CD Review-Ian

NAME: Ian Brill
BLOG NAME: Brill Building
NAME OF CD: Mix Your Mind Up
NUMBER OF CUTS: 21
RUNNING TIME: 74:43
COVER ART: No
SONG LIST: His posts of June 8 & June 12
ALREADY REVIEWED BY: Chris "Lefty" Brown on June 20
GENERAL THOUGHTS: There are CDs from the bloggers that I could say quite specific things, based on the fact that they are of a theme, or what not. This is not one of them. I found Ian's album to be just a bunch of good eclectic cuts without any discernable concept, except the first cut from the Brill Building, which was just fine. Probably more hip hop than any of the other CDs to date, and I found I enjoyed that.
THINGS I PARTICULARLY LOVED: Actually quite a bit: Dr. Octogon, the Magnetic Fields, Sonic's Rendezvous, even the ABBA cut, which was totally unknown to me.
ON THE OTHER HAND: What's with the numbering? 01-09, 12-14, 14b, 14c, 15, 17-22 - ah mess my mind up with "Mix Your Mind Up."
ONLY VAGUELY RELATED: The Brill Building, for those of you who didn't know, is a place in NYC where songwriters such as Neil Sedaka and Carole King worked in the 1950s and early 1960s.

No comments: