My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Mixed Bag CD Blog-Tony

NAME: Tony Holt
BLOG NAME: Tony Remembers
NAME OF CD: Tracks From The Radio Station In My Head
NUMBER OF CUTS: 17
RUNNING TIME: 78:28
COVER ART: Nice graphics; also on the CD itself
SONG LIST: Lefty in his post of June 30
ALREADY REVIEWED BY: Gordon on July 21; Lefty
GENERAL THOUGHTS: I liked the first three songs, thought the next four were probably well crafted but not necessarily to my taste, and then really liked most of the rest. A good percentage of enjoyment not found on regular radio.
THINGS I PARTICULARLY LOVED: Bramhall, Manx, L. Williams, Mule, Dread Zeppelin, Jeff Beck, Robert Plant.
ON THE OTHER HAND: Storm started strong then started wearing on me.
OFFICE FRIENDLY: Not Hamell, which Tony kindly noted on the disc.
ONLY VAGUELY RELATED: Though from Syracuse (I think), Hamell played around here (Albany) often enough to be considered "local boy makes good." I’ve seen Lucinda Williams twice.

No comments: