My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Friday, August 19, 2005

Taize


I have attended a number of Taize sevices in the past decade or so. They are wonderful, reflective times. My old church used to have a service on Saturday afternoons. The Westminster Presbyterian church in Albany currently has a regular Wednesday service.

So I was saddened to hear of the death of Brother Roger, (a good name, that), the founder of Taize. I was particularly disturbed by the manner in which he died. I'll send a prayer in his memory.

1 comment:

Lefty said...

Man that sounds like a great way to worship. I was raised Lutheran, and I just adore Liturgy, for some reason it opens my heart and mind to God during worship. Sadly, I couldn't put up with the Missouri Synod's conservatism, and now am Methodist. Taize sounds like something I got really find myself attending. Often I have great worship services (just myself and whoever tags along) up in Yosemite among the tall trees, and streams.