My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Librarian seeks reference assistance-animation


I have a real reference question for which I BELIEVE data exist, but I simply cannot put my hands on it.

What are most recognizable animated characters in the U.S. by rank?
and a corallary,
Top 5 animated characters total licensing revenue by categories, (TV, apparel, toys, accessories).

There's this list, but it isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

And speaking of marketing with animation, behold the lawsuit against cereal maker Kellogg's.

1 comment:

Lefty said...

Roger, I'm not sure this is exactly what you're looking for but I did an EBSCOhost search and found an article in the Dallas Morning News (10/2/05) of an unscientific survery for Adveritisng Week 2005 which the public voted for their favorite ad icons. The top ten list includes:

1. Juan Valdez

2. Geico gecko

3. Budweiser Clydesdales

4. Energizer bunny

5. Doublemint twins

6. Coppertone girl

7. Kool Aid pitcher

8. Nike swoosh

9. Smokey Bear

10. California Raisins