My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Three Academy Award-Worthy Questions


1. When did the Oscars move from February 27 to March 5, and why? I'm in favor, I just am surprised. See BOTH dates noted here- very bizarre.

2. Not gonna ask you who's gonna be nominated for the Oscars. I'd rather know: Why do we care? I care, and I've seen fewer films this year than in a very long time. I will almost certainly have my rooting interests.

3. What do think is the worst (most embarassing, most inept) Oscar moment that you've seen or heard about?

BONUS QUESTION: The Washington Post notes: "The board of governors of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has chosen the co-star of 'Death to Smoochy' and 'Big Daddy' to host its prestigious Academy Awards ceremony, which this year will again be broadcast on ABC."
But if Jon Stewart should suddenly become unavailable to host the Oscars, how about "Fred Hembeck"? Not Fred Hembeck, but "Fred Hembeck", experienced host of the Fantastic Four Roast?

I'll answer the third question in the reply section; I'm really seeking information from you folks about the first two and the bonus queries.

3 comments:

Greg said...

I'm almost positive last year was the first year the date moved. I seem to recall everyone making a big deal about it. I could, of course, be wrong (I often am).

And no, I don't care. I used to, but then I stopped. Probably when I had kids, because who has time to see movies anymore?

Anonymous said...

The Notebook, w/ James Garner and Gena Rowlands



Pulp Fiction w/ John Travolta, Samuel L. Jackson



Shadow of a Doubt w/ Joseph Cotten



The Jerk w/ Steve Martin

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the informative blog. i have put some information on bank loans ,
if that can be a help to u and your readers.