My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Thursday, January 19, 2006

The Wicked Pickett


You know what the sad thing was for me about Wilson Pickett's death? Besides the fact that he was only 64 when he died of a heart attack, that is?
It was that when somebody told me, another person nearby said, "Who was that?" I'm sure she was familiar with "In the Midnight Hour" or "Funky Broadway" or "Land of 1000 Dances" or "Mustang Sally" - by somebody else: by the Young Rascals or from the Commitments movie or a covers band. Of course, Wilson was also a great interpreter of music such as "Hey Jude" and "It's Too Late."

No comments: