My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Friday, March 16, 2007

Oscar-Worthy Movies I Have Seen: 1929-1930

The nominated films - Production (Picture):
"ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT" (winner), "The Big House", "Disraeli", "The Divorcee", "The Love Parade". Saw none of them.
Interesting that this was the only year multiple nominations for an actor or actress in the same category were allowed. So George Arliss beat himself ("Disraeli" over "The Green Goddess") and two Ronald Colman performances ("Bulldog Drummond", "Condemned"), among others.
Likewise, Norma Shearer in "Their Own Desire" was beaten by Shearer in "The Divorcee", while Greta Garbo was an also-ran twice, in "Anna Christie" (of which I've seen pieces of on TV) and in "Romance".

ROG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will have none of this madness you are perpetrating in your latest blog entries, this I swear!

Happy GREEN day!