My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Monday, March 19, 2007

Yet Another Attempt at Minimal Self-Revelation through Answering a Series of Seemingly Unrelated Questions

1. Your name spelled backwards.
Neerg Newo Regor.

2. Where were your parents born?
My mother in Binghamton, NY. My father, I'm not sure - somewhere around there.

3. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
Undoubtedly a picture for the blog.

4. What's your favorite restaurant?
Depends. But Carol & I always go to a restaurant called Justin's in January (or so), because that's where I proposed and she accepted.

5. Last time you swam in a pool?
At Fred Hembeck's house, summer of 2006. But I would call it swimming, it was more like hanging out.

6. Have you ever been in a school play?
Several, actually, in small roles. The largest was playing the fire chief in Ionesco's "The Bald Soprano".

7. How many kids do you want?
At this point, one.

8. Type of music you dislike most?
Tough question.

9. Are you registered to vote?
Always.

10. Do you have cable?
Yes, and a DVR to eventually watch the shows I record, eventually.

11. Have you ever ridden on a moped?
If I had, I'd never admit it.

12. Ever prank call anybody?
Not to my recollection.

13. Ever get a parking ticket?
In the 1980s, when I worked at FantaCo, every time Tom and I went to a show in NYC, we'd read the conflicting signs, decide it was OK to park there and end up getting a ticket.

14. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?
Well, I haven't yet.

15. Furthest place you ever traveled?
Barbados. That's practically in South America.

16. Do you have a garden?
My wife does-flowers.

17. What's your favorite comic strip?
Probably For Better or Worse, even though it's going into its "wrap everything up neatly" phase, much to the annoyance of some. Also, much to my surprise, Luann.

18. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem?
Well, I know the first verse, kind of spotty on the second and third. But the fourth I know by heart. "Then conquer we must when our cause it is just, and this be our motto: "In God is our Trust."

19. Bath or Shower, morning or night?
When I'm in a hotel with a tub, I bathe at night. Normally, I shower in the morning.

20. Best movie you've seen in the past month?
None.

21. Favorite pizza topping?
Mushrooms.

22. Chips or popcorn?
Popcorn.

23. What color lipstick do you usually wear?
Well, I don't, but if I did, I expect it would be bright red.

24. Have you ever smoked peanut shells?
What?

25. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant?
My life is a beauty pageant.

26. Orange or Apple juice?
40% cranberry, 40% orange, 20% ginger ale. I like my mixed drinks.

27. Who was the last person you went out to dinner with and where did you dine?
With Carol at Justin's.

28. Favorite type chocolate bar?
Mounds.

29. When was the last time you voted at the polls?
The school/library vote in February.

30. Last time you ate a homegrown tomato?
Last fall.

31. Have you ever won a trophy?
Racquetball, 1989.

32. Are you a good cook?
I think I could be, if I applied myself.

33. Do you know how to pump your own gas?
Well, yeah...

34. Ever order an article from an infomercial?
No, but I was tempted once.

35. Sprite or 7-Up?
Whichever.

36. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to work?
Yes, it's called a tie, a noose around my neck.

37. Last thing you bought at a pharmacy?
Undoubtedly something for Lydia.

38. Ever throw up in public?
Not lately.

39. Would you prefer being a millionaire or find true love?
Yes.

40. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Lust, maybe.

41. Ever call a 1-900 number?
Those still around? Actually the NYS Department of State has one to find out about corporations. Don't think I've called it, though.

42. Can exes be friends?
Actually, at least four of my exes are friends, and attended my marriage to Carol. Another one didn't make it, but Carol and I subsequently attended her wedding.

43. Who was the last person you visited in a hospital?
Might have been my friend Donna a few years ago, just before she died.

44. Did you have a lot of hair when you were a baby?
Not especially.

45. What message is on your answering machine?
An intentionally boring one.

46. What's your all time favorite Saturday Night Live Character?
Mr. Robinson of Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood.

47. What was the name of your first pet?
Peter, the cat. BTW, I read that security folks are now asking questions other than your mother's maiden name, such as your first pet's name. Guess I won't be using THAT one. They're also asking for your favorite sports team (what if you have two, or none?) and your favorite food (one favorite food? couldn't even imagine).

48. What is in your purse?
Haven't used a purse in a few years now.

49. Favorite thing to do before bedtime?
Play Internet backgammon.

50. What is one thing you are grateful for today?
That there is a two-term limit for the Presidency.
***
The passing of Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band "Boston", who committed suicide last week in his Atkinson, NH, home, made me surprisingly sad. And I wasn't even that big a fan of the band, though in truth, I do own THE album (LP). Police reports released a few days ago reported that a note was paper-clipped to the neck of Delp’s shirt when police found his body on the bathroom floor, his head on a pillow. The note read, "Mr. Brad Delp. J’ai une ame solitaire. I am a lonely soul." Such despair...
***
March Madness. I was 25-7 after the first two days. All 8 of my Elite 8 teams are still alive. Huzzah.
***
Happy birthday, Amelia B. and Jon P.

ROG

No comments: