Had my physical this week. Other than too much weight (no surprise) and too high "bad " cholesterol, I'm OK. My last "annual" checkup was in November 2008. I took Lipitor for a couple months at the time, then forgot to get a blood test, which I needed to get befoe getting a refill, but forgot and let it slide. I'll do better this time.
Even before this, though, I made a major change. I had become, if not addicted, then habituated to caffeinated soda, usually diet. It had the annoying habit of allowing me to go to sleep, but then had me wake up in the middle of the night, brain on overload, unable to sleep. Then I "needed" a soda while I was at work lest I fall asleep at my desk. Vicious cycle. But when I last gave blood, on March 16, and my blood pressure upper number was 138 - it's always been between 110 and 125 - I becan to worry, and I quit the soda cold turkey. After about three days of utter exhaustion, I'm actually sleeping better.
I wonder if it was the soda, or merely SAD (seasonal affective disorder) that made me feel crazy in February. Someone said something that annoyed me greatly - and I had a right to be annoyed - but it seemed to have captured me for about a month, with me withdrawing from things, feeling melancholy and alone. It's passed, even before quitting the soda, but it was very peculiar.
Thus endeth "true confessions".
ROG
MY PRIMARY BLOG
My Twitter
My Blog List
-
It takes a lot of practice - A friend asked: “If you had the chance to ask three different people (living or dead, famous or not) ONE question… who and what would you ask?” The one req...5 years ago
-
Your Signed Books and Artwork Just Got Harder to Sell in California - From Eureka Booksellers On September 9, 2016, California Governor Jerry Brown signed AB1570 Collectibles: Sale of Autographed Memorabilia into law. The ...9 years ago
-
Alan Moore's Twilight Proposal - Introduction by Alan David Doane: Honestly I didn't intend the irony, but this week's FMF, looking at Alan Moore's never-published Twilight proposal, also ...14 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
People I Know
-
From Factory Floor to Classroom: Solving the Skilled Trades Crisis One Apprentice at a Time - Renold Inc. was founded in 1864, manufactures precision engineered and power transmission products used in everything from subway systems and power stati...1 month ago
-
Concert Review: Bassekou Kouyate and Ngoni Ba at UPH 2/16/24 - When Bassekou Kouyate asked “Are you happy?” at Universal Preservation Hall Friday, he knew the answer. Everybody was, both in the audience and onstage. ...2 years ago
-
Kellyanne Conway named UAlbany graduation commencement speaker - Kellyanne Conway, the pollster who organized the election campaign of President Donald Trump, has been named by the University at Albany to be its keynote ...9 years ago
-
Do You Write About Comics? - Trouble With Comics is looking for new voices. Please help us find them.11 years ago
-
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye… - Well, kids, this is it. I’m leaving first thing tomorrow morning. My visits home will be few and far between, and when they happen, they’ll be exclusive...13 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Eclectic Folks
-
How a Fast Mythic Plus Boost Helps Casual Players Earn High Dungeon Ratings Effortlessly - Accelerating Both Tyrannical and Fortified Score Growth Simultaneously Building a high Mythic+ score in World of Warcraft is a dual-track process that re...2 weeks ago
-
The Journey Part Six: An Uphill Climb - **If the paragraph spacing is off, my apologies, I’m not sure why the formatting is inconsistent. March 17, 2026 Happy St. Patrick’s Day ☘️ from the hospit...2 weeks ago
-
-
AmeriNZ 426 – Success story - Today is a coincidence of twenty-sixes—though that’s not important, of course. In the time since the previous episode, I completed the first part of my dec...2 months ago
-
23 Down. - 23 years ago, on October 24, I started this here blog. I don't post to it regularly anymore, but I hate to see it go completely dead, so happy blogavers...10 months ago
-
This is The End (a follow-up) - I wrote yesterday about my possibly retiring this space in favor of migrating all of my blogging to ForgottenStars.net, because of Reasons. I am now pul...4 years ago
-
Retro Y'all - Been doing a lot of jumping lately, but feel I don't have much to show for it. Oh well. At least I'm still getting my clothes on the right way. Seriously...8 years ago
-
No parallel - Get a good look at these: Whence they came: After seeing that incredible glow-in-the-dark Zac Posen dress that Claire Danes wore at the 2016 Met Gala, Lori...9 years ago
-
ABC Wednesday: The Importance of Being Bored - When I was growing up, you being bored was your problem that you were responsible to rectify. As children we learned never to be bored- or at least not t...9 years ago
-
Happy Purim!!!! - My rendition of The Purim Somg by Alison Faith Levy. Here is Alison! Visit her website alisonfaithlevy.com10 years ago
-
The End of a Long Day - You know those days where all you really want to do is change into your pajamas and curl up on the couch while you decide which comfort food would mak...12 years ago
-
#Freaking Out -AND! - Calmly completely freaking out about my move. AND! I quit smoking. I feel this qualifies me to have an opinion on how to do it. So I am calmly completel...13 years ago
-
Gaze Upon My Works and Snicker, Part 53. - [image: DP700-F365028] Another quickie sketch at work, because I wanted to draw Pandora A in a white fuzzy hat (no, I don't know the name for them) and a b...13 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Comic Book Links
-
Why I Gave Up Drawing – Part 41 week ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Media Blogs
-
Game formats vary across bitcoin gambling roulette gameplay - Game formats in bitcoin gambling roulette vary at a structural level, not just in visual presentation or interface design. Each format category operates ...2 weeks ago
-
Happiness - “We were not know for our smiles but every year, mom would schedule a family portrait and every year, nobody ever smiled.” (submitted by Diana) The post ...2 weeks ago
-
Beste Online Casinos ohne LUGAS: Einsteigerleitfaden für sichere und spannende Spiele - Der Online-Casino-Markt boomt, und viele Spieler suchen nach Plattformen, die ein hohes Maß an Sicherheit und Datenschutz bieten. In diesem Leitfaden stell...2 months ago
-
FOUND WORD OTD: ACEHOOT - OOTHECA: an egg case of certain insects [n] Seen on a local farmer’s Instagram page, apparently this is the egg sac of a mantis? Wild. As for hooks, pl...11 months ago
-
Episode 326: The WGA Strike - One by one, Ken goes over the many issues the WGA is fighting for and why they’re important. He also gives an overview of the situation and how it might...3 years ago
-
The dopamine jail of joke Twitter - I’m home from vacation and the Planet Funny promotional engine is slowing down. (There’s still one last signing at Powell’s City of Books in two short week...8 years ago
-
Rex Smith: The spy who came in with a Trump tale - The phrase was chilling. Omitting the contemporary names, it evoked Cold War plots peopled with brusque patriots icily staring death in the face: “Ex-Spy G...9 years ago
-
Mom Has Stacked Dinner Party Roster - GOLDEN, CO—Their eyes widening in amazement as the 43-year-old rattled off the names of heavy hitter after heavy hitter, impressed members of the Dreesh...10 years ago
-
Play reveals how Paul got Fixing a Hole from Mal Evans - The play "Beatle Mal," based on Beatles roadie Mal Evans, was performed for one night only in Liverpool, Sept 28th. In the play, it is revealed how Paul go...12 years ago
-
Week 17 NFL Picks - Last week’s 10 wins leaves me with 153 wins. Weak season. Sorry. Week 17 picks NFL Picks Away Home Chicago Detroit NY Jets Buffalo Tampa Bay Atlanta Caroli...13 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Politics, Policy Blogs
-
New Film: “An Ordinary Insanity,” The Daniel Ellsberg Movie on the Nuclear Threat - Filmmaker Judith Ehrlich has done it again! Her 2009 film about Daniel Ellsberg, The Most Dangerous Man in America, was nominated for an Oscar. Now she is ...1 month ago
-
Mass job cuts on the horizon as Trump's economy backslides - On Tuesday, Amazon announced it is cutting 14,000 corporate jobs, becoming the latest major corporation to slash its workforce in the rapidly declining e...10 months ago
-
2PP132 – 16 May 2020 - This episode was delayed, yet again, because Arthur didn’t have enough time. Anyway, here we are—were? Today’s chat was about the changes to New Zealand’s ...6 years ago
-
My New Venture: Top Flight Family - You may have noticed that you haven’t heard much from me lately. That’s because I’ve been quietly working on new passion of mine, a digital media startup o...10 years ago
-
‘I’m a verb’: An MTA worker responds to criticism of Leslie Jones’ Ghostbusters role - By Arturo R. GarcÃa The most hopeful — and poignant — commentary surrounding Leslie Jones’… The post ‘I’m a verb’: An MTA worker responds to criticism of...10 years ago
-
10.15.15 MUSLIMS & TPP - This article originally appeared in the 10.15.15 issue of Metroland Buried under all the hoo-hah about the debates and Lamar Odom was a significant cour...10 years ago
-
The Long-term Consequences of WLS - Rich & Heather's Story - My name is Rich, but I may be better known to some of you as richie79 of the UK who used to post prolifically here on Big Fat Blog and elsewhere in the F...13 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Websites to Which I Contribute
Page Rank
|
Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly: |
|
This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service |
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment