This is what I have going on for the next month:
1. Take Lydia for her physical today.
2. Participate in the Maundy Thursday service at my church service, and rehearse for Good Friday.
3. Go to the Capital Area Council of Churches ecumenical Good Friday service, also at my church.
4. Participation in the Good Friday service. We're singing The Seven Last Words of Christ by Theodore DuBois. Please come if you're in the area. The soloists are great and the organ part is very dramatic. Hope my voice comes bck; currently, I have laryngitis, probably from seasonal allergies.
5. Easter Sunday service. No wonder some choir directors refer to to this, ironically, as hell week.
6. April 10 - As mentioned, I'm going to see a scion of a rock legend. Sean Lennon at the Egg.
7. April 11 - I was asked do to this just yesterday: talk to a bunch of librarians about guerrila marketing.
8. April 18 - I am taking a CPR course. Also donating blood for the 120th time.
9. Thursday, April 19, 7 pm. writers Christopher Ringwald and Amy Biancolli will be speaking at the Albany Public Library, main branch, sponsored by the Friends of the Albany Public Library. He writes on religion and philosophy, she writes movie reviews for a Houston newspaper, but is syndicated nationally. BTW, they're married. Since I'm in charge of the event, if you're in the area, please, PLEASE come. It's free. I just want folks to come.
10. Friday, April 19. Carol and I are going to the Symphony! A world premiere based on William Kennedy's new book, Roscoe.
11. A work conference in Utica at the end of the month. Not only do I need to prepare my share of the library presentation, but I'm also writing the questions for a JEOPARDY! segment of another prrsentation. That's 61 questions, in 12 categories plus the final.
I'm sure I'm forgetting something.
Also, I must drink lots of water. This is based on an incident on Friday. I've finally gotten my bicycle out, on Wednesday. This involves putting the bike on the bus to day care; riding the 2.6 miles to the Y to play racquetball - by taking the bike, I actually got there 20 minutes sooner than I would have if I had taken the bus; playing racquetball (for over an hour -yay!), then taking the bike to the bus stop (another quarter mile), take the bike on the bus to Corporate Woods to work. I had to leave early to get my Internet connection fixed, so I get the bike to put on the bus to town, ride the bike to the bank and then home (1.6 miles+); then, after the cable guy comes, go to another bank to get a bus pass and back (maybe a mile each way). Then about two hours later, get the most painful cramp I've ever experienced in my life, noit in my calf, which I've had before, but in my left inner thigh. Utterly excrutiating, and wouldn't go away until after three glasses of water, some Motrin and 15 minutes.
Re: the cable guy, I need to con my friend Mark to come up and help me install a couple things on my computer, not the least of which is more memory.
Meanwhile, I want to be more current with the newspaper. I've been almost constantly a week behind, reading about our local Extreme Makeover: Home Edition family in Colonie, which will be broadcast as the season finale next month. This is a show I've actually never seen, but I'll probably catch this one.
There was also Dan Savage movie review of a couple weeks ago that I just read in Metroland: "Have you seen 300 yet? It's about a handful of lightly armed ancient Greeks—the Spartans—who take on the mighty and massive Persian army. Some feel the film is homophobic; some feel it's a conservative, pro-war piece of agitprop.
Homophobic? It's Ann Coulter on a meth binge."
I'm looking forward to listening to lots of Emmylou Harris and Marvin Gaye, since their birthdays were yesterday, as well as hearing some Richard Thompson, Willie Dixon, and assorted others.
Finally watched this video that's been sent to me TWICE so far, so if I post it, I won't get it again:
glumbert.com - The Apple iRack
Plus the usual stuff. So it'll be a busy month. And May will be equally so. I almost never wish my life away, but I'm REALLY looking forward to mid-June.
Florida beat Ohio Stste, and I fell from 1st to 4th in my pool. At least I picked out There's No Such Website on the first try.
#MeToo- Heather Rusaw-Fazio’s banned TU post
13 hours ago