My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Monday, November 02, 2009

Big Hits of 1953

I have a couple friends who were born in 1966 who know the music of 1966 nearly as well as I do, and I was 13 that year. So I thought I'd find a list of 1953 songs to see how many I
O-Own, L-Like, H-Hate, R-Recognize (obviously, if I own, like, or hate, I recognize):

That's Amore Dean Martin -(O, L)
Don't Let the Stars Get in Your Eyes - Perry Como (R)
Your Cheatin' Heart - Hank Williams (O,L)
The Doggie In The Window - Patti Page (O)
Rags To Riches - Tony Bennett (O,L)
Even Now - Eddie Fisher (R)
Have You Heard - Joni James (R)
Hound Dog - Big Mama Thornton (O,L)
I Believe - Frankie Laine (R)
Istanbul (Not Constantinople) - The Four Lads (O,L)
Oh! My Pa-Pa - Eddie Fisher (O)
Secret Love - Doris Day (R)
Three Coins In The Fountain - Frank Sinatra (O,L)
The Typewriter - Leroy Anderson & His Orchestra (O,L)
Young At Heart - Frank Sinatra (O,L)
Crying In The Chapel - The Orioles (O,L)
Mama (He Treats Your Daughter Mean) - Ruth Brown (O,L)
Mess Around - Ray Charles (O,L)
Your Cheatin' Heart - Hank Williams (O,L)
You, You, You - the Ames Brothers (O,L)

The only album I have is Jazz at Massey Hall - The Quintet, though I have compilations of Frank Sinatra that cover this period.

I suspect that any of you younger bloggers that try this will have a far longer list than I.

ROG

No comments: