My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Monday, November 16, 2009

The Strange Question Meme, Part 1

Ah, the Faure concert went well yesterday, but I got more comments about the fact that I was wearing a suit than the music. "He cleans up nice." "You're so HANDSOME." "I didn't know you could look so good." That sort of thing.

Saturday night, the wife and I went to the Albany Symphony Orchestra at the palace theatre. George Li, a 14-year-old pianist was astonishing on a Saint-Saens symphony. he also played a nice Chopin solo piece as an encore. And he looks 11. we saw David Allen Miller on our way into the theater, and young George, who looks about 11, on the way out.
***
In case you've never heard the Dylan tune Gates of Eden.
***
Strange Questions, Part 1. Expect a part 2 someday.

1. What is the color of your toothbrush?

It's one of those electric jobs. White with blue trim.

2. Name one person who made you smile today.

Dick Morris. Sends out all that Rethug garbage. It's all so silly.

3. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?

Well, yesterday I was taking a shower; today I'll be playing racquetball, I hope.

4. What were you doing 45 minutes ago?

Sleeping.

5. What is your favorite candy bar?

Regular old Hershey's chocolate bar.

6. Have you ever been to a strip club?

No. (I understand that one-word answers just aren't adequate for these, and that I should elaborate.) Don't think the opportunity ever came up (why does that seem sordid?), and at this point, I'm just not interested.

7. What is the last thing you said aloud?

"Is it morning already?"

8. What is your favorite ice cream? How to choose?

Srtrawberry. Generally, fruit over anything else, though I HATE faux banana flavorings.

9. What was the last thing you had to drink?

Water.

10. Do you like your wallet?

I hate my wallet. I hate the need for a wallet. I didn't have one for the longest time. Then I was in Savannah, GA with my father and I dropped a $10 bill. So he bought me one. Now I can just lose the wallet and be out ID, credit cards and cash en masse.

11. What was the last thing you ate?

Ritz crackers.

12. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?

Well, nine days ago, but I didn't actually pick up the black suit for yesterday's Faure requiem concert until Saturday.

13. The last sporting event you watched?

Last 15 minutes of some football game.

14. What is your favorite flavor of popcorn?

Plain, with butter.

15. Who is the last person you sent a text message to?

Je ne comprends pas.

16. Ever go camping?

Yes. Didn't like.

17. Do you take vitamins daily?

Yes, and they are for men over 50 and have the word "senior" in the title, which you can imagine makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. They're chewable.

18. Do you go to church every Sunday?

Most Sundays, unless I'm sick or away. Occasionally, I'll go to church when I'm away.

19. Do you have a tan?

No. In fact, I burn very easily since the vitiligo, and I avoid the sun as much as possible. Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses are de rigeur.

20. Do you prefer Chinese food over pizza?

Probably, but eat pizza far more often. Chinese food ten to have nuts and peanuts, and the child is allergic to peanuts.

21. Do you drink your soda with a straw?

Occasionally. But chocolate milk? Almost always.

22. What did your last text message say?

If I have one, I have no idea how to retrieve it.

23. What are you doing tomorrow?

Same as it ever was.

24. Favorite color?

Aquamarine.

25. Look to your left; what do you see?

A window with the shades drawn, a radiator, and some boxes.


ROG

No comments: