My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Brown Departing CNN; Cooper to Become Evening Block Anchor

I don’t know WHY this story from TV Week by Michele Greppi bothers me so. I didn’t watch Brown all that much. I was pretty much forced to see Gloria Vanderbilt’s son in his waders every time I turned on the TV during the worst of Katrina.



Anderson Cooper, one of the breakout stars of Hurricane Katrina coverage,
"Breakout star" of a national disaster! Ain't life grand!
will become the sole anchor of the 10 p.m.-midnight (ET) weekday block on CNN, effective Monday, and Aaron Brown will leave the news network he joined in 2001.
"Leave the network"...does that mean fired or allowed to resign?

Mr. Cooper, like Mr. Brown an alumnus of ABC News, joined CNN as a weekend anchor in December 2001 and became anchor of "Anderson Cooper 360" from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. weekdays in March 2003.
"Does ABC News have any vacancies?" Aaron wonders. "If Vargas does anchor World News Tonight, maybe I can do 20/20!"

Taking the place of "360" at 7 p.m. will be an hour of "The Situation Room" with Wolf Blitzer, who now will anchor "Situation" from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. and from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Goody! More Wolf to parody!

David Doss, the executive producer of "360" who recently was moved to "NewsNight" when CNN paired Mr. Brown and Mr. Cooper from 10 p.m. to midnight in a move designed to inject some of Mr. Cooper's pizzazz into Mr. Brown's more sober tone, will remain Mr. Cooper's executive producer.
Pizazz! That’s what I live for in my news coverage.



CNN sources said Mr. Brown is expected to take time with his family before deciding on his next career move.
Which means he doesn’t know WHAT the heck he’s going to do now.

No comments: