My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Rock Meme-Bonnie Raitt


I went to visit my girlfiend at college in May 1971. Much to my surprise, we ended up breaking up. Wounded, I ended up visiting my friend Steve in Poughkeepsie, and he told me about this singer/guitarist named Bonnie Raitt, who he had seen perform. He was really wowed by her, when when I heard her Give It Up album the next year, so was I.

What is it about me and female Scorpio women musicians vis a vis my romantic relationships? lang, Mitchell, and now Raitt. And I never realized it until this month. More self-discovery on the blog.

Artist/Band: Bonnie Raitt (b. 11/8/1949)
Are you male or female: Nobody's Girl
Describe yourself: Rock Steady
How do some people feel about you: Something to Talk About
How do you feel about yourself: I Feel the Same
Describe what you want to be: Good Enough
Describe how you live: Road's My Middle Name
Describe how you love: Love Sneakin' Up on You
Share a few words of wisdom: Give It Up or Let Me Go; You're Gonna Get What's Coming

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved reading about my fellow Scorpios, Joni and Bonnie. My beau (who, by the way, is a Pisces) just told me that I share a birthday with his favorite (and I think one of Carol's?), Diana Krall.

Oh, these Scorpio females!!!
:-)