My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Saturday, November 26, 2005

The Lydster Part 20: Filling my shoes

I remember walking around in my parents’ shoes when I was 4 or 5. (How DO women wear high heels, I’ll never know.) I wasn’t aware that kids started doing "dress up" as young as Lydia is. She’s been regularly wearing the shoes of her mother and me for a couple months now. It’s amazing how well she maneuvers in them.

She also wears my gloves

and other apparel.

She's understood language for months, but she's really increased her spoken vocabulary a great deal in the last month. I'm particularly pleased that she likes to say "thank you"; may it always be so.

It's starting to hit me, just a little, that "how they grow so fast" thing that every parent I've ever met has told me, almost always unsolicited.

Happy 20 months, Lydia. Daddy loves you.

No comments: