My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Rock Meme-Arthur Garfunkel


After the success of Simon & Garfunkel's Concert in Central Park in 1981, there was work on a new S&G album. But Paul ended up wiping Artie's vocals off the tracks that turned out to be the basis for Paul's solo album Hearts & Bones. People were so infuriated with Paul - I found myself defending him - that it was his least commercially successful effort up to that point. It took Graceland to turn things around. I always wanted to know what "Allergies" or "Think Too Much" would have sounded like a a duet.

Songs may be Simon & Garfunkel or Art solo.

Artist/Band: Art Garfunkel (b. 11/5/1941)
Are you male or female: Most Peculiar Man
Describe yourself: I Am a Rock
How do some people feel about you: Old Friends
How do you feel about yourself: Big Bright Green Pleasure Machine
Describe what you want to be: Keep the Customer Satisfied
Describe how you live: Somewhere They Can't Find Me
Describe how you love: I Believe When I Fall in Love It Will Be Forever; I Only Have Eyes for You
Share a few words of wisdom: Flowers Never Bend With the Rainfall

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm on to you.

I think you've been doing those music memes just so you could eventually use "Big Green Pleasure Machine"! You're not fooling me!!