Don't worry, Mary, these are almost over.
NAME: Greg Burgas
BLOG NAME: Delenda Est Carthago
NAME OF CD: At Last! At Last! My Forever Came Today!
NUMBER OF CUTS: 24
RUNNING TIME: 79:29
COVER ART: Color
1. I Look Funny (talk)
2. Monday A.M. First Thing-Think Tree
3. Pass It Along-Chumbawamba
4. Paper Doll-P.M. Dawn
5. Closed session (talk)
6. Therapy-Infectious Grooves
7. Donde Estas, Yolanda?-Pink Martini
9. In the Jailhouse Now-the Soggy Bottom Boys
10. K Street-Fastbacks
11. Down to the River to Pray-Alison Krauss
12. The Last Mile-Cinderella
13. Excursions-A Tribe Called Qwest
14. Turn Your Head (talk)
15. Ugly in the Morning-Faith No More
16. No Man’s Woman-Sinead O’Connor
17. Reservation Blues-Jim Boyd
18. Ocean Size-Jane’s Addiction
19. Istanbul (Not Constantinople)-They Might Be Giants
20. Forever Came Today-Supremes
21. Just Like Fred Astaire-James
22. Last Call-the Popes
23. Crown of Thorns-Mother Love Bone
24. Thanx But No Thanx (talk)
ALREADY REVIEWED BY: Me on June 27
GENERAL THOUGHTS: See my review. I suggested that Greg got his CD out so early because he was anticipating the birth of his second child. He corrected me and indicated that he had a bunch of songs lying around from the previous mix. MY version made him look MUCH better.
THINGS I PARTICULARLY LOVED: See my review. But it does play even better the fourth time through.
ON THE OTHER HAND: More than the songs I mentioned in my review, the dialogue breaks the flow.
OFFICE FRIENDLY: As far as I can tell. Some of the lyrics are so garbled – the word "ugly" in the title of #15 sounded like a curse, but it was just his pronunciation.
ONLY VAGUELY RELATED: The Jackson 5 did a cover of the title track; Diana, Mary and Cindy do it so much better.
Revenge of the Space Pandas, by David Mamet
8 hours ago