My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Friday, September 22, 2006

Ask Me Anything, September Equinox Version 2006

Since today or tomorrow is the first day of fall in the Northern Hemisphere depending on the time zone, and the first day of spring in the Southern Hemisphere:

Once again, it's time for that exciting opportunity to ASK ROGER ANYTHING. This does two things: it gives you the opportunity to make my life miserable by forcing me to respond to queries, whether they be mundane or profound. And I learn something new about you.


I expect that certain people will retaliate, or rather respond, because, when they've asked the question, I try to ask them whatever happens to be on my mind.
A couple people, for instance, were asked, "Why is there air?" I happened to have been thinking about a Bill Cosby album of the same name, in which Cos' brilliant college girlfriend went around asking questions such as that. Bill's response: "To blow up volleyballs, to blow up basketballs. Every phys ed teacher knows why there's air!"

It's funnier in the delivery.

Last time he posed it, I discovered that Tosy and I share a pet peeve: "People who think they are more important than others. Line cutters. People who are too good for certain tables at restaurants. People whose e-mails are ALWAYS flagged as 'important.' Those people." Yeah, I often fantasize about those people in untoward ways.

Sample question #1: On your way home from work, you bump into God and get to ask one question or make one statement. What do ya do?

Sample answer #1: I had this good friend for about a decade, then suddenly we don't talk. What the heck happened?

Sample question #2: Toilet paper: over or under?
Sample answer #2: I really don't care.

Well, you get the idea. You may pose the questions in the comment section of this here blog or e-mail me, if you're the shy type.

4 comments:

EM said...

Two questions:

1. How many CD's does a person have to own before you, Roger, consider the amount to be excessive?

2. What does a guy have to do to get your summer mix, considering he was theoretically part of the exchange?

Lefty said...

1. Would you vote for a African-American Presidential candidate if they were conservative?

2. Will we ever see a non-Christian presidential candidate?

3. Can you remember that last time you heard a piece of music that made you nearly weep (for joy or sorrow)?

4. What was the worst vacation you ever went on?

5. What website could you not live without?

6. What did you think of my Circle of Friends mix?

7. So is Bush dumb, ill-informed, greedy, crafty, or evil?

8. And if the Dems DO manage to regain control of the Legislative, will we see articles of impeachment?

Anonymous said...

1. I asked you earlier in the baseball season who would be playing in and win the World Series. You answered the Mets would be the Tigers in 6. Do you still stand by this prediction? If not, then who?

2. If you could dine with one athlete, one politician, and one writer (all either dead or alive) who would they be and why?

3. (Playing off Lefty's first quesiton) How far do you think we are away from having an African-American President?

4. Do you think it's right for the President (whether Dubya or any other after) to put their religious beliefs so in the forefront, considering that we have freedom of religion in this country?

5. Do you know that I was going to do this same segment again on my web site because it was really fun the first time (after stealing your idea) but you beat me to it by a week or so?

Gordon D said...

1) Have you seen the remastered STAR TREK? And if so, what do you think?

2) Does William Shatner really deserve to be a cult figure?

3) Mike Sterling: pro or con?