From some guy in Buffalo who really loves his city.
1. A month before it happens you're told you're going to lose your memory. How do you prepare for it and do you attempt to regain what you've lost?
Why does this remind me of the movie Memento? Anyway, some sort of redundancy- notes in the house about work, church; notes at work about home, work. Plaster my blog URL all over the place; maybe the reading will remind me. Label pictures of important people.
2. How do you describe your outlook on life?
"Life is a carnival, believe it or not."
3. You fall in love with your soulmate, decide to get married, and then find out that person is going to die soon. Do you marry them anyway?
Absolutely. (But here's the thing about soulmates: I've never believed that there's only one.)
4. What are three of your favorite ice cream toppings?
I like strawberry, hot fudge, and Cherry Garcia.
5. Is there one article of clothing you love to wear no matter how out of style it is?
6. Is there one color you wish would go away in fashion?
A color? Well, there DOES seem to be a notion in some circles that "orange is the new black". More than that, though, most fashion is dumb, cyclical, and no reflector of most people's real bodies.
7. What's the first department you head to when you go shopping in a department store?
Increasingly, I hate going into department stores, particularly when they're in malls. That said, when someone drags me there, I end up hanging out in the record/CD section.
8. How far away do you live from your parents?
772.62 miles from my mother, according to Mapquest.
9. Growing up, who was your favorite cartoon character?
Popeye the Sailor, who got me to eat spinach when I'd eat no other vegetable, save for peas and corn.
10. You plan a romantic evening and everything goes wrong, including the fancy dinner you burned. What do you do?
Smile on the outside, sulk on the inside, then order Indian food, apologizing profusely.
11. What's the last thing you bought at the store?
I bought cottage cheese at the grocery store.
12. Have you ever walked out in the middle of a movie?
No, but I came very close with Fellini's Satrycon.
13. What celebrity do most people say you look like?
No one has ever compared me to a celebrity. The high school science teacher at Albany High School, who I don't know.
14. Is there any piece of jewelry you always wear?
I wear my wedding ring. That's it.
15. Have you ever tried to pick someone up?
Maybe in college, but it most certainly was unsuccessful.
16. What's the one thing you always manage to lose on your way out the door?
It's never the same thing: sometimes it's my keys or my wallet, or a list my wife gave me of things to pick up.
17. Out of these creatures which one are you most afraid of:
Snakes. It's the slither thing.
18. What's the last gift you bought for a friend?
A pass for a massage.
19. Do you ever buy people things for no reason?
Occasionally, when the item "speaks" to me.
20. What's your favorite way to spend a lazy summer afternoon?
Reading, listening to music on the stereo.
Saw the Australian Prime minister practically in tears over the death yesterday of "croc hunter" Steve Irwin. Scott conveniently posted this yesterday.
T is for The Twist by Chubby Checker
18 hours ago