My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

In the Words of Toby Keith, "Let's Talk About Me"

I discovered that in the past week or two, I've been mentioned in blogs by Greg (fearing my chastisement over his affection for Led Zeppelin - I don't dislike them, I just got aggravated by their uncredited ripoffs of old blues artists), Chris Black (making insignia - his looks better than mine), Chris Brown - no relation (citing my blood donation piece AND dissing my musical taste in the same post), and Jaquandor (quoting from my September 11 piece). Also, I make Eddie happy - that's just the kind of guy I am - even as I confound him. And let me say here what I posted on Greg's blog: "Album is a perfectly fine word for a group of things under one cover (photo album, e.g.) The CD, the LP, the cassette is the format; the collection is the album. Or so I say. Again."

Chris Brown, a/k/a Lefty, (like the Hall & Oates cover, guy, and especially the song after that) also was inspired by me. Speaking of inspirational, I'm enjoying summer songs from Mrs. Lefty.
***
I had a letter to the editor published on Saturday. It's here, and if that becomes inaccessible, it's been copied here. My racquetball mates got annoyed that I didn't mention it to them.
***
If you're a blogger, please consider adding this guy. Although Hurricane Dymowski is named for him, he's generally a sensitive fellow. A Pisces, I believe.
***
I'm mildly pleased that the Mets finally clinched the NL East pennant, as is Fred (Sept. 19).
***
Oh, and the Toby Keith reference came from watching CBS Sunday Morning on September 10, where he revealed, among other things, that he's a Democrat. I actually own one Keith album that I got for free at a conference in Nashville a few years ago, and it includes the song "Let's Talk About Me".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Roger said:

"The CD, the LP, the cassette is the format; the collection is the album."

I couldn't agree with you more!