My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Monday, July 04, 2005

Tunes in 7-4

I’ve been in a groove (or rut, depending on your perspective) of listing song titles this week, so I thought I would do it again today. I haven’t actually made this disc, and the songs wouldn’t necessarily be in this order, nor do I make any claim that this list is all inclusive:

Almost Independence Day-Van Morrison
4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)-Bruce Springsteen
4th of July-Pete Droge
4th of July-U2
Independence Day-Bruce Springsteen
Independence Day-David Byrne
Lake of Fire-Nirvana
On the 4th of July-James Taylor
Saturday in the Park-Chicago
Tears of Rage-The Band

4th of July-Dave Alvin
4th of July-X
Yankee Doodle Dandy-James Cagney

4th of July-Sweet
4th of July-Keel
4th of July-Soundgarden
4th of July-Mariah Carey
4th of July-Robert Earl Keen
4th of July-Aimee Mann
Independence Day-Martina McBride
Independence Day-Ani DiFranco
Independence Day-Eliot Smith
Independence Day-Imani Coppola
Independence Day-Too $hort w/ Keith Murray

The first batch I actually have on CD, the second on vinyl, and the third not at all. So, if I WERE making a mixed CD, I’d have to throw on America the Beautiful by Ray Charles, and the Star Spangled Banner by Marvin Gaye or Whitney Houston, probably both.

Incidentally, many of those same-named songs are totally different songs, not covers of each other.

So, as you celebrate America’s 229th birthday today, remember that is music that’s as much a part of our national heritage as musket.

Oh, and a piece from the Independence Day sermon I heard yesterday led me here.

2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

Hi Roger
I cannot stop myself from mentioning 1 more song:
Jack Straw- the Grateful Dead

There's another Dead song that doesn't specifically mention 7-4 but should be considered as well: US Blues.

Thanks you for allowing me to indulge myself this way!
Mary

Roger Owen Green said...

Mary-US Blues almost ended my mixed CD, not by the Dead but by the Harshed Mallows (sp?) from Deadicated, an album of Dead covers.

ROG