My old friend Lori in Florida is one of those irregular bloggers. Postingwise, she makes no-longer-shirtless Eddie Mitchell seem like Mike Sterling. Anyway, she e-mailed me one of those things I'm supposed to e-mail back. Being the contrarian sort, I decided to put it here instead. Somewhere down the line, I lost a couple questions. C'est la guerre.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No. My father was really strong on NOT having me named after anyone, a trait I've obviously inherited when it comes to Lydia's name.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? When I dropped off the child at day care last week and she wailed. She hadn't done that since the second day.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING Well, it's OK. I once, for a marking period in 3rd grade, got an F in handwriting, so other people may disagree.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT Turkey
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? One
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I suppose it would depend what side of me I showed them.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Not a whole lot.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Not on your life. Wait: not on MY life.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Life (regular). Don't have it often.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Well, the sneakers, yeah, because I have to. Otherwise, usually not.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Some days.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Common: strawberry. One I haven't had in a long time: orange pineapple.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Generally, where they fit into the situation. Are they hanging by the exit? Are they saying anything? Are they saying anything that anyone wants to hear?
15. RED OR PINK? Did you know that, even early in the 20th century, pink was a boys' color, and blue a girls'? It's true. That said, red.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? If I told you, I'd have to tell you.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My father; my friends Donna, Nancy and Raoul.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? n/a
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? I'm wearing pajamas.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Popcorn.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Some Beatles covers thing Fred Hembeck gave me.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Green. Well, maybe aquamarine.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? Bread baking at the Freihoffer plant, which often catches me unaware.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My sister Leslie.
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Yes, Lori, I do.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Baseball, football.
27. HAIR COLOR? What hair? Gray.
28. EYE COLOR? Brown.
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No, glasses.
30. FAVORITE FOOD? Spinach lasagna.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy Endings, I suppose. Isn't that the dessert choice at Friendly's restaurants?
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? The last hour of Mississippi Masala.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? PJs, I tell you.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? In our global warming mode, winter, which hasn't been what it used to be.
35. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs THEN kisses.
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? Ice cream.
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston. (Yes, this is different from what I wrote to Eddie the other day.)
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Entrepreneur magazine.
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT? news, JEOPARDY!
42. FAVORITE SOUND? Water running.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles
44. WHAT IS THE FURTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Barbados
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I can make kazoo noises without a kazoo.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Binghamton, NY
47. WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU DRIVE? We have a 2003 Honda Avalon, but I don't drive it.
48. LIKE YOUR JOB? Usually.
49. PETS? None
50. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? Doesn't matter.
#MeToo- Heather Rusaw-Fazio’s banned TU post
13 hours ago